Adrian White (American football)
|Assistant Defensive Backs Coach
Cornerback / Safety
|Date of birth:April 6, 1964|
|Place of birth: Orange Park, Florida|
|High school: Orange Park High School|
|College: University of Florida|
|NFL Draft: 1987 / Round: 2 / Pick: 55|
|Debuted in 1987 for the New York Giants|
|Last played in 1993 for the New England Patriots|
Career NFL statistics
Adrian Darnell White (born April 6, 1964) is a former American college and professional football player who was a defensive back in the National Football League (NFL) for seven seasons during the 1980s and 1990s. White played college football for the University of Florida, and thereafter, he played professionally for the New York Giants, Green Bay Packers and New England Patriots of the NFL.
White began his college career at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, Illinois, and he played football for the Southern Illinois Salukis for a single season in 1983. He transferred to the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he was a walk-on for coach Galen Hall's Florida Gators football team from 1984 to 1986. White was a three-year starter for the Gators, and a key member of the Gators' defense during the 1984 and 1985 seasons, when the Gators posted identical 9–1–1 overall win-loss records and led the Southeastern Conference (SEC) with best-in-the-SEC records of 5–0–1 and 5–1. He was a first-team All-SEC selection and a second-team All-American as a senior in 1986. White was also a two-year Florida Gators track and field letterman as a sprinter and anchored the Gators' 4x100-meter relay team that included Olympian Dennis Mitchell.
White graduated from the University of Florida with a bachelor's degree in criminal justice in 1993, and later earned a master of arts degree in education from Fairleigh Dickinson University in Teaneck, New Jersey.
The New York Giants selected White in the second round (fifty-fifth overall pick) in the 1987 NFL Draft, and he played for the Giants from 1987 to 1991. White finished his NFL playing career with single-season stints with Green Bay Packers (1992) and the New England Patriots (1993).
White was the assistant coach for defensive quality control for the Buffalo Bills, and his responsibilities include opposition scouting and self-scouting, as well as working with the Bills' linebacker corps. He is one of three assistants retained from the previous coaching staff by the Bills' new head coach, Chan Gailey, having previously been a Bills assistant for two years. He was with the Bills from 2008-2012, when he, along with the entire Bills coaching staff, was dismissed on December 31, 2012.
- Florida Gators
- Florida Gators football, 1980–89
- List of Florida Gators football players
- List of Green Bay Packers players
- List of New England Patriots players
- List of New York Giants players
- List of University of Florida alumni
- Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, Adrian White. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- databaseFootball.com, Players, Adrian White. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- 2011 Florida Gators Football Media Guide, University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 88, 96, 154, 186 (2011). Retrieved September 1, 2011.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame, Draft History, 1987 National Football League Draft. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- National Football League, Historical Players, Adrian White. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- Buffalo Bills, Coaches, Adrian White. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- Gaughan, Mark (31 December 2012). "Bills make it official: Gailey is fired". The Buffalo News. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- Carlson, Norm, University of Florida Football Vault: The History of the Florida Gators, Whitman Publishing, LLC, Atlanta, Georgia (2007). ISBN 0-7948-2298-3.
- Golenbock, Peter, Go Gators! An Oral History of Florida's Pursuit of Gridiron Glory, Legends Publishing, LLC, St. Petersburg, Florida (2002). ISBN 0-9650782-1-3.
- Hairston, Jack, Tales from the Gator Swamp: A Collection of the Greatest Gator Stories Ever Told, Sports Publishing, LLC, Champaign, Illinois (2002). ISBN 1-58261-514-4.
- McCarthy, Kevin M., Fightin' Gators: A History of University of Florida Football, Arcadia Publishing, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina (2000). ISBN 978-0-7385-0559-6.
- Nash, Noel, ed., The Gainesville Sun Presents The Greatest Moments in Florida Gators Football, Sports Publishing, Inc., Champaign, Illinois (1998). ISBN 1-57167-196-X.
- Adrian White – Buffalo Bills coach profile