Palicki in Sydney, Australia, March 2013
May 6, 1983 |
Toledo, Ohio, U.S.
Adrianne Palicki (born May 6, 1983) is an American actress best known for her roles as Tyra Collette in the television series Friday Night Lights (2006–2011) and in the films Legion (2010), Red Dawn (2012) and as Lady Jaye in G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013). She was cast as Wonder Woman in a 2011 television pilot for NBC which was not picked up and currently appears as Barbara "Bobbi" Morse on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2014–present).
Palicki was born in Toledo, Ohio, the daughter of Nancy (née French) and Jeffrey Palicki. She has an elder brother, Eric, a comic book writer, who influenced her interest in comics. Her father is of Polish and Hungarian descent, while her mother is of English and German ancestry. She graduated from Whitmer High School in Toledo in 2001. She ran track in high school and was named runner-up for homecoming queen.
Palicki appeared in The WB pilot Aquaman as the evil Nadia. The pilot was not picked up for series by the CW network, a result of The WB and UPN network merger, which occurred while the pilot was being filmed. She also appeared as Kara/Lindsey Harrison in the Season 3 finale of Smallville. She was a series regular on the first three seasons of NBC's drama series Friday Night Lights, portraying Tyra Collette. In early 2011, she returned for the final two episodes of the series.
Palicki also starred in Supernatural as Jessica Moore, Sam Winchester's doomed girlfriend who is killed by a demon in its pilot episode. The character reappears in the Supernatural Season 2 episode, "What Is and What Should Never Be", and the Season 5 episode "Free To Be You and Me." Palicki also appeared as Judy Robinson in John Woo's unsold pilot, The Robinsons: Lost in Space. Palicki starred in Legion opposite Lucas Black. She made an appearance in the will.i.am music video "We Are the Ones" in support of 2008 presidential hopeful Barack Obama.
She was cast as Toni Mason in Red Dawn, the 2012 remake of the 1984 film Red Dawn. Although initially signed on to star in the Jamie Babbit horror film Breaking the Girl, due to delays in filming and production, and then scheduling conflicts, Palicki does not appear in the film. In 2010, Palicki joined the FOX television drama Lone Star, which was cancelled after two episodes, despite good reviews. In 2011, Palicki portrayed Wonder Woman in a 2011 pilot produced by David E. Kelley for NBC. The pilot was not picked up by NBC as a series.
In August 2014 it was announced that Palicki would join Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in a special recurring role as Barbara "Bobbi" Morse/Mockingbird. She made her debut in the episode "A Hen in the Wolf House", episode 5 of Season 2.
|2003||Getting Rachel Back||Rachel||Short|
|2003||Rewrite||The Pretty Girl||Short|
|2009||Women in Trouble||Holly Rocket|
|2010||Elektra Luxx||Holly Rocket|
|2012||Red Dawn||Toni Walsh|
|2013||G.I. Joe: Retaliation||Lady Jaye|
|2014||Dr. Cabbie||Natalie Wilman|
|2014||John Wick||Ms. Perkins|
|2004||The Robinsons: Lost in Space||Judy Robinson||TV movie|
|2004||Smallville||Kara / Lindsey Harrison||1 episode: "Covenant"|
|2004||Quintuplets||Jessica Geiger||1 episode: "Love, Lies and Lullabies"|
|2004||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Miranda||1 episode: "Formalities"|
|2005||North Shore||Lisa Ruddnick||2 episodes|
|2005–2009||Supernatural||Jessica Moore||4 episodes|
|2006||South Beach||Brianna||7 episodes|
|2006–2011||Friday Night Lights||Tyra Collette||52 episodes|
|2007–2011||Robot Chicken||Various characters (voice)||5 episodes|
|2009||CSI: Miami||Marisa Dixon||1 episode: "Dead on Arrival"|
|2009||Titan Maximum||Clare (voice)||4 episodes|
|2010||Family Guy||(voice)||1 episode: "Big Man on Hippocampus"|
|2010||Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode III||Padmé Amidala/Jessica/Woman (voice)||TV movie|
|2010||Lone Star||Cat Thatcher||5 episodes|
|2011||Criminal Minds||Sydney Manning||1 episode: "The Thirteenth Step"|
|2014||From Dusk till Dawn: The Series||Vanessa Styles||Based on the film by Robert Rodriguez|
|2014||About a Boy||Dr. Sam||Recurring (Season 1), Guest (Season 2)|
|2014||Drunk History||Kate Warne||1 episode: "Baltimore"|
|2014||Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.||Barbara "Bobbi" Morse / Mockingbird||Recurring Role|
- Smith, Ryan E. (January 17, 2010). "Rising star: Toledo native's credits include acclaimed TV series, new films ‘Legion" and ‘Red Dawn'". ToledoBlade.com. Retrieved October 7, 2011.
- Mechling, Lauren (August 29, 2008). "Get Serial!". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved February 23, 2011.
- "Adrianne Palicki". ethnicelebs.com.
- O'Hare, Kate (September 7, 2010). "'Friday Night Lights': Adrianne Palicki on Tyra's return to Dillon". Zap2it. Archived from the original on 10 September 2010. Retrieved September 7, 2010.
- Stephen. ""Jesse Plemons, Adrianne Palicki in Barack Obama Video"". TV Fanatic.
- ""Josh Peck And Adrianne Palicki Shout 'Wolverines!' For The 'Red Dawn' Remake".". Movies Blog.
- ""Leads Cast in Jamie Babbit's Breaking The Girl"". Dread Central.
- "America, here's your new Wonder Woman!". FOX News. February 17, 2011. Retrieved October 7, 2011.
- Andreeva, Nellie (February 16, 2011). "Adrianne Palicki Is NBC's Wonder Woman". Deadline.com. Archived from the original on 19 February 2011. Retrieved February 16, 2011.
- Sacks, Ethan (May 12, 2011). "NBC won't pick up David E. Kelley's Wonder Women". Daily News (New York). Retrieved May 14, 2011.
- Nededog, Jethro (July 1, 2011). "Paramount's 'G.I. Joe 2' Casts 'Friday Night Lights' Star Adrianne Palicki". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 1, 2011.
- "'Agents of SHIELD' Enlists Adrianne Palicki as Marvel Favorite (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adrianne Palicki.|
- Adrianne Palicki at the Internet Movie Database
- Adrianne Palicki at the TCM Movie Database
- Adrianne Palicki at AllMovie
- Adrianne Palicki on Twitter