Palicki at a G.I. Joe: Retaliation premiere, Sydney, Australia, 14 March, 2013
May 6, 1983 |
Toledo, Ohio, U.S.
Adrianne Palicki (born May 6, 1983) is an American actress best known for her roles in Legion (2010), Red Dawn (2012) and in the television series Friday Night Lights (2006–2011). In 2013, she played Lady Jaye in G.I. Joe: Retaliation.
Palicki was born in Toledo, Ohio, the daughter of Nancy (née French) and Jeffrey Palicki. She has an older brother, Eric, a comic book writer, who influenced her interest in comics. Her father is of Polish and Hungarian descent. She graduated from Whitmer High School in Toledo in 2001. She ran track in high school and was named runner-up for homecoming queen.
Palicki appeared in The WB pilot Aquaman as the evil Nadia. The pilot was not picked up for series by the CW network, a result of The WB and UPN network merger, which occurred while the pilot was being filmed. She also appeared as Kara/Lindsey Harrison in the Season 3 finale of Smallville. She was a series regular on the first three seasons of NBC's drama series Friday Night Lights, portraying Tyra Collette. In early 2011, she returned for the final two episodes of the series.
Palicki also starred in Supernatural as Jessica Moore, Sam Winchester's doomed girlfriend who is killed by a demon in its pilot episode. The character reappears in the Supernatural Season 2 episode, "What Is and What Should Never Be", and the Season 5 episode "Free To Be You and Me." Palicki also appeared as Judy Robinson in John Woo's unsold pilot, The Robinsons: Lost in Space. Palicki starred in Legion opposite Lucas Black. She made an appearance in the will.i.am music video "We Are the Ones" in support of 2008 presidential hopeful Barack Obama.
She was cast as Toni Mason in Red Dawn, the 2012 remake of the 1980s film Red Dawn. Although initially signed on to star in the Jamie Babbit horror film Breaking the Girl, due to delays in filming and production, and then scheduling conflicts, Palicki does not appear in the film. In 2010, Palicki joined the FOX television drama Lone Star, which was cancelled after two episodes, despite good reviews. In 2011, Palicki portrayed Wonder Woman in a 2011 pilot produced by David E. Kelley for NBC. The pilot was not picked up by NBC as a series.
|2003||Getting Rachel Back||Rachel||Short|
|2003||Rewrite||The Pretty Girl||Short|
|2009||Women in Trouble||Holly Rocket|
|2010||Elektra Luxx||Holly Rocket|
|2012||Red Dawn||Toni Walsh|
|2013||G.I. Joe: Retaliation||Lady Jaye|
|2004||The Robinsons: Lost in Space||Judy Robinson||TV movie|
|2004||Smallville||Kara / Lindsey Harrison||1 episode: "Covenant"|
|2004||Quintuplets||Jessica Geiger||1 episode: "Love, Lies and Lullabies"|
|2004||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Miranda||1 episode: "Formalities"|
|2005||North Shore||Lisa Ruddnick||2 episodes|
|2005–2009||Supernatural||Jessica Moore||4 episodes|
|2006||South Beach||Brianna||7 episodes|
|2006–2011||Friday Night Lights||Tyra Collette||52 episodes|
|2007–2011||Robot Chicken||Various characters (voice)||5 episodes|
|2009||CSI: Miami||Marisa Dixon||1 episode: "Dead on Arrival"|
|2009||Titan Maximum||Clare (voice)||4 episodes|
|2010||Family Guy||(voice)||1 episode: "Big Man on Hippocampus"|
|2010||Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode III||Padmé Amidala/Jessica/Woman (voice)||TV movie|
|2010||Lone Star||Cat Thatcher||5 episodes|
|2011||Criminal Minds||Sydney Manning||1 episode: "The Thirteenth Step"|
|2011||Wonder Woman||Wonder Woman / Diana Prince||TV pilot|
- Smith, Ryan E. (January 17, 2010). "Rising star: Toledo native's credits include acclaimed TV series, new films ‘Legion" and ‘Red Dawn'". ToledoBlade.com. Retrieved October 7, 2011.
- Mechling, Lauren (August 29, 2008). "Get Serial!". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved February 23, 2011.
- "Adrianne Palicki — EthniCelebs - Celebrity Ethnicity |What Nationality Background Ancestry Race". Ethnicelebs.com. 2013-09-18. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- O'Hare, Kate (September 7, 2010). "'Friday Night Lights': Adrianne Palicki on Tyra's return to Dillon". Zap2it. Archived from the original on 10 September 2010. Retrieved September 7, 2010.
- "Jesse Plemons, Adrianne Palicki in Barack Obama Video"
- "Josh Peck And Adrianne Palicki Shout 'Wolverines!' For The 'Red Dawn' Remake".
- "Leads Cast in Jamie Babbit's Breaking The Girl"
- "America, here's your new Wonder Woman!". FOX News. February 17, 2011. Retrieved October 7, 2011.
- Andreeva, Nellie (February 16, 2011). "Adrianne Palicki Is NBC's Wonder Woman". Deadline.com. Archived from the original on 19 February 2011. Retrieved February 16, 2011.
- Sacks, Ethan (May 12, 2011). "NBC won't pick up David E. Kelley's Wonder Women". Daily News (New York). Retrieved May 14, 2011.
- Nededog, Jethro (July 1, 2011). "Paramount's 'G.I. Joe 2' Casts 'Friday Night Lights' Star Adrianne Palicki". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 1, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adrianne Palicki.|
- Adrianne Palicki at the Internet Movie Database
- Adrianne Palicki at the TCM Movie Database
- Adrianne Palicki at AllRovi
- Adrianne Palicki on Twitter