|Date of birth:||August 25, 1977|
|Place of birth:||Toronto, Ontario|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||289 lb (131 kg)|
|High school:||Central Tech|
|CFL Draft:||2000 / Round: 1 / Pick: 6|
|Drafted by:||BC Lions|
New York Giants
Las Vegas Outlaws
British Columbia Lions
Career highlights and awards
|CFL East All-Star:||2005, 2007|
|Awards:||2x Grey Cup Champion (2002, 2012)|
|Playing stats at|
|Men’s American football|
|Competitor for Canada|
|Silver||2011 Austria||Team Competition|
Adriano Belli (born August 25, 1977 in Toronto, Ontario) is a retired football player who played in the CFL and NFL. Belli is nicknamed "The Kissing Bandit" for his penchant for kissing people on their cheeks. He has gained a reputation for being a kind and funny man off the field and a nasty and annoying player to his opponents on the field.
Belli grew up in the High Park region of Toronto and attended Humberside Collegiate Institute for the first three years of high school. He then elected to transfer to Central Technical School in the Harbord Village area of Toronto and commuted by subway to take advantage of Central Tech's football program. He credits his high school coach, Chuck Wakefield, for helping him get a scholarship to the University of Houston.
Belli retired on May 11, 2011 on a Tall ship in Toronto and became a colour commentator/sportscaster on Rogers Sportsnet as their CFL Analyst.
On October 17, 2012, Belli came out of retirement and was signed by the Toronto Argonauts. He went on to win the 100th Grey Cup with the Argos, a game in which he was ejected. Belli officially retired from the CFL for the second time on May 29, 2013.
- Girard, Daniel (2009-06-16). "Argos' Kissing Bandit taking it slow". Toronto Star. Retrieved 2009-06-16.
- O'Connor, Joe (2009-07-15). "Belli defends life on the knife-edge". National Post. Retrieved 2009-07-16.
- Nelson, Norm (2009-08-18). "Three TDSB south division grads now suit up for Argos". Toronto Community News. Retrieved 2009-08-19.
- The Ottawa Citizen [Ottawa, Ont] 20 Feb 2007: B2.
- Zelkovich, C. (2011, May 12). Belli sails off into sunset. Toronto Star, pp. S.3.
- Toronto Argonauts profile
- "Argonauts sign Adriano Belli" (Canadian Press article) d
- BELLI FITTING IN ALONG ARGOS' TRENCHES (National Post article)
- Kissing Bandit shows the love (Hamilton Spectator article on Belli)