||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (May 2009)|
|Birth name||Adriano Ferreira Cintra|
May 21, 1974 |
São Paulo, Brazil
|Occupations||Musician, record producer|
|Instruments||Drum set, guitar, bass, Piano, Harmonica, Keyboards|
|Associated acts||Cansei de Ser Sexy, Thee Butchers'Orchestra (band)|
Adriano Ferreira Cintra (born 21 May 1974) is a Brazilian multi-instrumentalist and producer, also known as an underground and club celebrity in his hometown. He was a guitarist and singer for the garage rock power trio Thee Butchers' Orchestra, and among his many projects and bands are Ultrasom and Caxabaxa. He was also in the band I Love Miami in his native São Paulo. Openly gay, Cintra is also a composer for fashion shows, and was the recording engineer for Tom Zé's 1998 album Com Defeito de Fabricação.
Cansei de Ser Sexy
His most famous band was the indie-electro project Cansei de Ser Sexy. In 2003, Adriano formed the group with some friends as a joke. He wrote many of their songs, played the drums and produced the band, besides eventually playing bass, guitar and singing. Cansei de Ser Sexy was signed to indie label Sub Pop in the beginning of 2006 to release their first international album, and have toured the U.K., the U.S., and Canada extensively, opening for acts including Ladytron, Klaxons, Gwen Stefani and playing on the "Mojave" stage at Coachella 2007. They also headlined the Park Stage of the Glastonbury Festival of 2008.
On November 11, 2011, Cintra reported leaving the band due to disagreements with other band members. Members' musical incompetence may have been another reason for his departure. CSS was not seriously deterred by Cintra's departure, playing the SOS Festival in Murcia, Spain on April 8, 2012 and the Ballroom Marfa 2012 Benefit Weekend in Marfa, Texas on May 27, 2012, performing several of their old songs.
In April, 2012, several tracks were released from Madrid, Cintra's latest musical project.
- CSS OFFICIAL PAGE
- CSS on MySpace
- Caxabaxa on MySpace
- Ultrasom on MySpace
- Thee Butchers' Orchestra on MySpace
- Scream & Yell - Cansei de Ser Sexy por Marcelo Costa
- Sophie Heawood (2006-07-28). "Sexy beasts". The Guardian. Archived from the original on 13 May 2007. Retrieved 2007-05-12.
- Kati Llewellyn (2007-02-19). "CSS Announce More Shows". Pitchfork. Archived from the original on 6 May 2007. Retrieved 2007-05-12.
- Glastonbury Festival 2008#Park Stage
- ^ a b "Cansei de Ser Sexy: autor das músicas sai da banda e "bloqueia" uso das mesmas". Blitz. 2011-11-11.
- ^ "Cansei de Ser Sexy: compositor abandona banda e proíbe utilização das suas canções em palco". Palco Principal. 2011-11-11.