|Founded||Shanghai, People's Republic of China (2004)|
Adsmith China is a subsidiary of Adsmith International and is registered in Shanghai, China, and provides public relations and related services in Greater China. Its head office is based in Shanghai, China, and has offices in 2 Mainland China cities.
Adsmith China is one of the few independent foreign-owned PR agencies in Shanghai. Adsmith was founded by American Michael Golden in 2004. Golden is a graduate of Cornell University and holds an MBA from the UC Berkeley Haas School of Business. Adsmith is the only China representative of the E3 Agency Network, a global marketing communications network of the world's top independent agencies.
The company started business in graphic design, branding and market research, and added the public relations unit in 2005. In 2008 Adsmith added the Interactive PR (ePR) unit. Adsmith developed the public relations business from 2005-2009 into its primary business. Adsmith combines social media marketing with traditional media outreach as part of a total communications package. The company moved from its headquarters in InFactory to new offices in Anken Green in the Jing'an District of Shanghai in January 2010. Golden was dubbed the "Branding King of Shanghai" by City Weekend Shanghai in 2010. Adsmith is a sister agency to Studio Marque, a branding innovation company. The company works with many Shanghai-based partners.
Golden has worked to promote general marketing and PR in Shanghai through various activities, such as through a speech for the Australian Chamber of Commerce, and a book review in the peer-edited International Journal of Advertising.
- Media Relations 
- Social Media Marketing / ePR
- Graphic Design
- Advertising & Marketing Planning
Adsmith is a sponsor of Spark09, and provided pro bono marketing and PR support.
- CalBusiness Magazine Summer 2009
- China Economic Review June 2007[dead link]
- City Weekend Shanghai Oct 2010
- Asia Pacific Technology Report March 2011
- AustCham Shanghai Inside China Series presents:‘Effective Public Relations for Business Excellence’ July 2011
- International Journal of Advertising Volume 30, Number 3, 2011
- China Success Stories Dec 23, 2008
- Spark09 Website Sponsor List