|Founder||Samuel Newhouse, Sr.|
|Headquarters||Staten Island, NY, US
|Samuel Newhouse, Jr.
|Products||Newspapers, Magazines, Television|
|Revenue||US$ 8 billion (2014)|
Number of employees
Advance Publications, Inc., is an American media company owned by the descendants of S.I. Newhouse Sr., Donald Newhouse and S.I. Newhouse, Jr. It is named after the Staten Island Advance, the first newspaper owned by the Newhouse family, and where the mailing address for Advance Publications is listed on paper (although Advance does not have an official headquarters). As of October 2014, it was ranked as the 44th largest private company in the United States according to Forbes. Crain's ranked Advance Publications the 4th largest private company in the NY area in 2012. In addition to holding publishing and communication assets, Advance serves as the holding company for the family's 31% stake in cable entertainment company Discovery Communications.
- Advance Digital
- Advance Publications Newspapers
- Advance Publications Magazines / Advance Magazine Publishers
- American City Business Journals
- Condé Nast
- Fairchild Fashion Group
- Parade Magazine
- Reddit Inc
- The Birmingham News (Birmingham, Alabama)
- The Huntsville Times (Huntsville, Alabama).
- Press-Register (Mobile, Alabama).
- The Plain Dealer (Cleveland, Ohio).
- Sun Newspapers - weekly newspapers for the Greater Cleveland area.
- The Republican (Springfield, Massachusetts).
- Booth Newspapers of Michigan:.
- The Mississippi Press (Pascagoula, Mississippi)
- The Express-Times (Easton, Pennsylvania)
- The Post-Standard (Syracuse, New York)
- The Star-Ledger (Newark, New Jersey)
- The Times (Trenton, New Jersey)
- The Jersey Journal (Jersey City, New Jersey)
- Gloucester County Times (Woodbury, New Jersey)
- The News of Cumberland County (Bridgeton, New Jersey)
- Today's Sunbeam (Salem, New Jersey)
- The Hunterdon County Democrat (Flemington, New Jersey)
- The Warren Reporter (Hackettstown, New Jersey)
- The Reporter (Somerset County, New Jersey)
- Independent Press (New Providence, New Jersey)
- Suburban News (Clark, New Jersey)
- Cranford Chronicle (Cranford, New Jersey)
- The Times-Picayune (New Orleans, Louisiana)
- The Oregonian (Portland, Oregon)
- The Hillsboro Argus (Hillsboro, Oregon)
- The Patriot-News (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania)
- Staten Island Advance (Staten Island, New York)
Business journals and periodicals
- Sports Business Journal
- Sports Business Daily
- NASCAR Illustrated
- Street & Smiths sports annuals
- Hemmings Motor News
- Hemmings Muscle Machines
- Hemmings Sports & Exotic Car
- Hemmings Classic Car
- The Sporting News
- Inside Lacrosse
- Condé Nast
- Architectural Digest
- Bon Appetit
- House & Garden
- Conde Nast Traveler
- Easy Living
- Golf Digest
- Golf World
- The New Yorker
- Condé Nast Portfolio (defunct; Portfolio.com continues as part of Advance's American City Business Journals)
- Teen Vogue
- Vanity Fair
- The World of Interiors
- Bright House Networks
- Discovery Communications (31% stake)
Condé Nast Digital
- Wired News
- Including the websites of all Condé Nast's publications
Former and defunct divisions
- Advance Entertainment Corporation (uplinker and programmer of WWOR EMI Service during 1996)
- Newhouse News Service
- Ann Arbor News (closed July 2009)
- "Advance Publications," Forbes.com. Accessed February 26, 2015.
- Flamm, Matthew (November 21, 2010). "Advance Publications at crossroads". Crain's New York. Retrieved September 24, 2012.
- "America's Largest Private Companies," Forbes.com. Accessed February 26, 2015.
- Flamm, Matthew (December 13, 2010). "Advance Publications waving around $500M". CransNewYork.com. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- "Affiliated Newspapers". Advance Publications. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- "Independence". reddit Blog. Retrieved 2011-09-06.
- Cook, John. (2013, January 16). "Advance Publications buys Seattle digital agency POP," GeekWire.com. Accessed: February 26, 2015.
- Newhouse, Thomas Maier, St. Martin's Press, 1994.