Advanced Design System
|Developer(s)||Keysight EEsof EDA|
|Initial release||1985 (then called Microwave Design System (MDS))|
|Type||Electronic circuit simulation|
|Website||ADS home page|
Advanced Design System (ADS) is an electronic design automation software system produced by Keysight EEsof EDA, a division of Keysight Technologies. It provides an integrated design environment to designers of RF electronic products such as mobile phones, pagers, wireless networks, satellite communications, radar systems, and high-speed data links.
Keysight ADS supports every step of the design process—schematic capture, layout, design rule checking, frequency-domain and time-domain circuit simulation, and electromagnetic field simulation—allowing the engineer to fully characterize and optimize an RF design without changing tools.
Keysight EDA has donated copies of the ADS software to the electrical engineering departments at many universities, and a large percentage of new graduates are experienced in its use. As a result, the system has found wide acceptance in industry.
- Momentum (electromagnetic simulator) - 3D Planar EM simulator element of ADS platform
- FEM Element - Arbitrary 3D geometry EM simulator element of ADS platform
- Short ADS tutorial by Michael Ellis
- Agilent ADS tutorial and forum EM Talk
- Agilent EEsof EDA: 10-minute video tutorials and other online demos
- 30-Second Demos of user-inspired innovations in Advanced Design System (ADS 2014)
- Official ADS blog
- Official blog for ADS in signal integrity applications
|This design-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This engineering-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|