|Abbreviated title (ISO 4)||Adv. Mater.|
|Edited by||Peter Gregory|
Advanced Materials is a weekly peer-reviewed scientific journal covering materials science. It includes Communications, Reviews, and Feature Articles on topics in chemistry, physics, nanotechnology, ceramics, metallurgy, and biomaterials.
The journal was founded in 1988 as a supplement in the general chemistry journal Angewandte Chemie and remained in that journal for the first 18 months of its existence. The Founding Editor was Peter Goelitz (the Editor of Angewandte Chemie).
The current editor-in-chief is Peter Gregory.
Frequent topics covered by the journal also include liquid crystals, semiconductors, superconductors, optics, lasers, sensors, mesoporous materials, shape memory alloys, light-emitting materials, magnetic materials, thin films, and colloids.
Advanced Optical Materials 
Advanced Optical Materials is issued as a section of Advanced Materials. Publishing formats for this section are three or four page (short) communications, detailed full papers, and reviews. The stated purpose of this section is to communicate significant discoveries which advance the fields of photonics, plasmonics, and metamaterials. Fundamental research is also covered.
This section also covers topics related to these fields such as optical structures and devices of various scales. Other complimentary topics include coatings, fluorescent materials, detectors, optical data storage, holography, laser materials, miniature resonators and cavities, fabrication methods, and other devices and principles. 
See also 
- Advanced Functional Materials
- Advanced Engineering Materials
- Small (journal)
- Nature Materials
- Journal of Materials Chemistry
- "Advanced Materials Overview". Wiley Online Library. Retrieved 2009-12-22.
- "Scope of Advanced Optical Materials" (PDF flyer). Wiley Online Library. March 03, 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-11.
- "Title or index page of Advanced Optical Materials" (web page). Wiley Online Library. March 22, 2012. Retrieved July 11, 2012. Second issue of Advanced Optical Materials
- "Detailed scope" (web page). Wiley Online Library. March 22, 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-11.