Screenshot of Advanced SystemCare running on Windows 7
|Stable release||184.108.40.2060 / October 29, 2013|
|Operating system||Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and Windows 2000|
|Platform||IA-32 and x64|
|Available in||English, Danish, German, Finnish, Dutch, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Serbian, Turkish, Russian, French, Brazilian Portuguese, Portuguese, Spanish, Korean, Czech, Simplified Chinese|
|Type||Desktop Utility software|
|License||Standard: Proprietary freeware
Network edition: Trialware
Advanced SystemCare (formerly Advanced Windows Care) is a computer tool for Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 2000 created by IObit. It is used to improve computer performance and speed.
Advanced SystemCare includes a free version and a paid (PRO) version. Functions on both versions include cleaning up computer registries, doing a disk defragmentation, scanning for malware, and cleaning up broken shortcuts.
Quick care options includes two functions: Diagnose System and Maintain Windows. Diagnose System includes optimizing and repairing the system configuration, preventing spyware, defragmenting the disk and a security analyzer, which scans the computer to find hijacked settings.
The Maintain Windows includes cleaning up spyware, cleaning up the registry, privacy sweep and cleaning up junk files.
Advanced SystemCare includes utilities such as tuneup, security and admin tools. The tuneup utilities are cleaning and fixing up disks, boosting the system, removing duplicate shortcuts and Smart RAM. The security utilities are backing up files in the drivers and system, helping with Internet Explorer security and checking system files. The admin utilities are startup and Windows manager, Restore Center and Disk Explorer.
Differences between Free and Pro version
The free version's functionality include basic system clean, fix, and optimization, as well as basic protection from security threats. The Pro version includes more automated tools: fuller system tune-up for speed, clean windows registry in depth, automatic and active optimization, malware & spyware scan and removal, 24/7 technical support, automatic updating, and different skins and themes. The Pro version is very similar to the Advanced Vista Optimizer and are both PC tuneup tools.
CNET Editor's Review states, "Advanced SystemCare Free 4 wants to be it all when it comes to keeping your system clean. It gives you a wealth of tools, rolling many of parent company IObit's better-known system utilities--or at least those utilities' engines--into one convenient package".
Criticisms of Advanced SystemCare 5
Critics suggest that the program does not live up to its name and compares poorly to equivalent free software. A significant percent of individuals that have installed the Advanced SystemCare software have reported computer problems and "glitches".
- "Beta News review of ASC".
- Schofield, Jack (24 February 2010). "Advanced SystemCare at guardian.co.uk". The Guardian (London).
- April 24, 2011. "How to clean up the junk on your PC." The Times Of India. Accessed September 2011.
- "Advanced SystemCare Free at CNET.com". Retrieved retrieved 5 July 2011.
- "Activate Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2013 by License Key Code, Technojourney".
- August 3, 2011. "IObit’s Advanced SystemCare Surpasses 130 Million Downloads, Staking Claim as Most Downloaded PC Care Tool Available Today." Yahoo News. Accessed September 2011.
- "IObit launches Advanced SystemCare 4." PC & Tech Authority. Accessed September 2011.
- "Advanced SystemCare Pro at CNET.com". Archived from the original on 4 July 2011. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- Gralla, Preston (26 April 2009). "Differences between ASC and AVO, Washington Post". The Washington Post.
- "Advanced SystemCare Free Review, The Brighthub".