||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (June 2014)|
Screenshot of Advanced SystemCare 8 running on Windows 7
|Stable release||184.108.40.2068 (December 16, 2014[±])|
|Operating system||Windows 10 tech preview, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and Windows 2000|
|Platform||IA-32 and x64|
|Available in||Arabic, Armenian, Belarusian, ChineseSimp, ChineseTrad, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, Flemish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesia, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Malayalam, Mongolian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese(PT-BR), Portuguese(PT-PT), Romanian, Russian, Serbian (cyrillic), Serbian (latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese|
|Type||Desktop Utility software|
|License||Standard: Proprietary freeware
Network edition: Trialware
Advanced SystemCare (formerly named Advanced Windows Care) is a system tweak tool for Windows operating system developed and published by IObit. Its main functionality as declared by the developer includes deleting junk files, reinforcing system performance and speeding up slow PCs.
Seen from its release frequency, IObit follows an update scheme of releasing one major update every year, accompanying with continuous minor updates.
November, 2014 - Advanced SystemCare 8.0 released. Key feature modules of the program are expanded to 5 sections including Care, Protect, Toolbox, Turbo Boost and Action Centre.
October, 2013 - Advanced SystemCare 7 released.
October, 2012 - Advanced System Care v6 released.
November 15, 2011 - Advanced System Care v5 released.
April, 2011 - Advanced System Care v4 released.
November, 2008 - The program name changed to Advanced System Care v3, which has been used for all the following versions.
September, 2007 - The downloads of Advanced Windows Care v2 amounted to be over 5 million. The company witnessed an overwhelming increase of users that year.
September, 2006 - Advanced Windows Care v2 released.
June, 2005 - Advanced Windows Care v1 released with this original name.
Classified by Feature Modules
The one-click Scan has been received as a classic feature in Advanced SystemCare’s Care section. Especially for users who are unable to tune up Windows system manually, the Scan covers comprehensive fixes for spyware removal, registry fix, privacy sweep, junk files clean, system optimization, security defense and disk optimization, etc.
New version of the software contains a Protect module which provides protection for homepage, onling surfing and browsers, etc.
Toolbox is more like an assembly of shortcuts to other utilities published by the developer. If a user has installed the utilities or programs before, it will open directly from Advanced SystemCare. If the user hasn’t, the program will download the specified utility. Common utilities in the toolbox mainly include IObit Uninstaller, Driver Booster, Smart Defrag, IObit Malware Fighter, Win Fix, Startup Manager, Registry Cleaner, Disk Cleaner, Internet Booster, Empty Folder Scanner and so on.
Turbo Boost is a feature for quickly optimize the current system for work or for gaming. The developer has left some settings to advanced users for their customization too.
Action Center is the place displaying the current PC system status and software update reminders of all software installed on the operating system.
Classified by Feature Categories
There are 2 types of functionality supported by the program - System Diagnosis and System Maintenance. System Diagnosis includes optimizing and repairing the system configuration, preventing spyware, defragmenting the disk and a security analyzer, which scans the computer to find hijacked settings.
System Maintenance includes cleaning up spyware, cleaning up the registry, privacy sweep and cleaning up junk files.
Interms of integrated utilities, the program includes utilities such as tuneup, security and admin tools. The tuneup utilities are designed for cleaning and fixing up disks, boosting the system, removing duplicate shortcuts. The security utilities are for backing up files in the drivers and system, helping with major browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox surfing and checking system files. The admin utilities include startup and Windows manager, Restore Center and Disk Explorer. 
Improvements and Upgrades
The latest version of Advanced SystemCare is v8.0. Main improvements compared with v7 include New Protect Module, Plugin/Toolbar Cleaner, Browser Anti-Tracking, Startup Manager, Disk Optimization, Compatibility on Windows 10 Technical Preview and New UIs and so on. While the most recent version is v220.127.116.118 with Christmas interface skin for the users.
Features in the Advanced SystemCare Free include basic system clean, fix, and optimization, as well as basic protection from security threats promised by the developer.
While Advanced System Care Pro (paid) version includes more automated tools like more system tune-up gadgets for speed, in-depth windows registry clean, automatic and active optimization, malware & spyware scan and removal, automatic updating, and different skins and themes. In terms of pricing, the software is priced by subscription. Users need to renew the license once the paid subscription expires. The Pro version is very similar to the Advanced Vista Optimizer and are both PC tuneup tools.
In 2012, IObit introduced Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 as a combination of a PC performance tuneup program and an anti-virus program with the anti-virus engine provided by BitDefender. IObit now develops and publishes Advanced SystemCare Ultimate as a separate product with additional anti-virus feature as well as its system tuneup functionality. The latest Advanced SystemCare Ultimate is v8 beta.
- "IObit Introduces Advanced SystemCare 8 to Fix PC Problems and Speed up PC like New". IObit. 2014-11-11. Retrieved 2014-12-24.
- "IObit Launches Advanced SystemCare 7 as an Ultimate Solution Tailored for Slow PCs during Its 8th Anniversary". IObit. 2013-10-29. Retrieved 2014-12-24.
- "IObit Leads Software Utility Innovation With The Release of Advanced SystemCare 6". IObit. 2012-10-17. Retrieved 2014-12-24.
- "Advanced SystemCare 5: IObit Debuts The New Release Of Its Flagship Software Suite". IObit. 2011-11-15. Retrieved 2014-12-24.
- "IObit Released Advanced SystemCare 4, a One-Stop Solution for Superior PC Cleaning, Repair, and Optimization". IObit. 2011-04-25. Retrieved 2014-12-24.
- "IObit Releases Advanced SystemCare Free Version 3.0". IObit. 2008-11-25. Retrieved 2014-12-24.
- "IObit's Freeware Passes the 5 Million Download Threshold". IObit. 2007-06-25. Retrieved 2014-12-22.
- "IObit Challenges Microsoft's OneCare Service with Technically Savvy and Alternative Freeware". IObit. 2006-08-17. Retrieved 2014-12-24.
- Cho, Eddie (2013-10-29). "Advanced SystemCare Free at CNET.com". CNET. Retrieved 2014-05-13.
- Peers, Nick (2011-04-26). "IObit launches Advanced SystemCare 4". PC & Tech Authority. nextmedia. Retrieved 2013-05-21.
- Rosenblatt, Seth (2009-01-23). "Advanced SystemCare Pro at CNET.com". Archived from the original on 2011-07-04. Retrieved 2014-05-21.
- "Advanced SystemCare Pro". CNET. 2013-05-16. Retrieved 2013-05-21.
- Petrovic, Petrovic (2014-11-11). "Advanced SystemCare 8 is Released". Retrieved 2014-12-26.
- "Advanced SystemCare Free". CNet. 2014-12-19. Retrieved 2014-12-26.
- Gralla, Preston (2009-04-26). "Differences between ASC and AVO, Washington Post". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2013-05-21.