Advantage Business Media
Advantage Business Media LLC (ABM) is a private, American digital marketing and information services company owned by the venture capital firm Owner Resource Group. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in Rockaway, New Jersey (United States).
In the period between 2006 and 2014, the company transitioned from print-centric to digital media, increasing digital revenues from 11% to 50% of total revenues. The company's growth during this period has come from both "organic" growth and strategic acquisitions.
In 2006, Rich Reiff and George Fox purchased several publications from Reed Business Information with the backing of private equity provided by Catalyst Investors. Catalyst sold ABM to Owner Resource Group in 2014.
Titles published by ABM
Publication titles and ISO 4 abbreviations are listed
- Electronic Component News (Electron. Compon. News) aka ECN
- Food Manufacturing (Food Manuf.)
- Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operations (Ind. Maint. Plant Oper.)
- Laboratory Equipment (Lab. Equip.)
- Manufacturing Business Technology (Manuf. Bus. Technol.)
- Medical Design Technology (Med. Des. Technol.)
- Pharmaceutical Processing (Pharm. Process.)
- Product Design & Development (Prod. Des. Dev.)
- Wireless Week (Wirel. Week)
- Collins, Allison (12 February 2014). "Owner Resource Buys PE-Backed Advantage Business Media". Mergers Acquis. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "Advantage Business Media LLC". Private Company Information. BusinessWeek. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Rondon, Michael (13 February 2014). "Advantage Business Media Sold to PE Firm". Folio. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Callahan, Sean (9 August 2011). "Advantage Business Media's digital road map". Advert. Age. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Mickey, Bill (24 September 2010). "Falsified Recordings Land Eight Advantage Business Media Titles on BPA Probation". Audience Dev. Retrieved 4 August 2014.