|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (December 2010)|
|Publisher||Adventist Today Foundation|
|Part of a series on|
Seventh-day Adventist portal
Adventist Today (OCLC 28194459) is a quarterly Christian magazine representing a progressive Seventh-day Adventist perspective. First published in 1993, it is currently (as of 2013) edited by J. David Newman, the former editor of Ministry. It has offices in Sandy, Oregon and at La Sierra University.
The idea of the magazine was conceived in 1992 by Raymond Cottrell, Keith Colburn, Richard Hammill, Ervin Taylor and Jim Walters; all of Loma Linda, California. They sought for "objective news and open discussion of issues in order to achieve the representative type of church governance that it claims".
- 1993–? Raymond Cottrell, co-founding editor
- 1993–? James Walters, co-founding editor/publisher
- 1998–2007 John McLarty
- 2008– Andy Nash
- 2009—to the present J. David Newman
The following people have also served in editorial roles:
- Duane Covrig
- Steve Daily
- Delwin Finch
- Cheri Lynn Gregory
- Gayle Saxby
- James Stirling
- Colleen Moore Tinker
- Susan Walters
Alden Thompson wrote
- "AT is critically loyal, representing the Adventist left. It is similar to Spectrum in perspective, but quicker to publish the 'news' and often more careless. In the past it has too easily succumbed to the temptation to publish ad hominem attacks."
- Spectrum (magazine), another progressive Adventist publication
- List of Seventh-day Adventist periodicals
- Seventh-day Adventist Church
- "History of Adventist Today". Adventist Today. Archived from the original on 2006-08-30. Retrieved 2006-10-18.
- Walters, Jim (May–June 1994). "1st Year of Publication". Adventist Today 2 (3). Retrieved 2006-10-18.
- Adventist Today Goes Online | Adventist Today
- Adventist Today Holds Campmeeting | Adventist Today
- "Changes at Adventist Today"
- "New Editor for Adventist Today: Andy Nash". Adventist Today. Archived from the original on 2007-05-25. Retrieved 2007-06-01.
- Adventist Today readers respond to survey
- Thompson, Alden. "The Future of Adventism: Where's The Church Headed?". AldenThompson.com. Archived from the original on 27 September 2007. Retrieved 2007-10-31.