Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital|
|Advocate Health Care|
|Location||Downers Grove, Illinois, United States|
|Emergency department||Level I trauma center|
|Helipad||FAA LID: 0IL4|
|Lists||Hospitals in Illinois|
Since opening in 1976, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital has evolved into a nationally recognized health care leader, earning a spot on the 100 Top Hospitals list four times.
- 333 beds
- More than 1,000 physicians representing 63 specialties
- 2,600 employees
- Services include cardiology, orthopedic surgery, general surgery, gastroenterology, stroke care, obstetrics and gynecology, low dose diagnostic imaging, and a comprehensive breast center.
- The emergency department is a Level I trauma center —the only one in DuPage County.
- The only health care provider in Illinois to have earned the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award—the highest presidential honor for performance excellence.
- Level III designation for obstetric, perinatal and neonatal services—the highest designation in the state 
- Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, 2010 
- 100 Top Hospitals National Benchmarks Study, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 
- Magnet Recognition for Excellence in Nursing Services, 2009-12 
- 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, 2011 
- Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois 
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence 
- Lincoln Gold Award for Achievement of Excellence, 2010 
- Practice Greenhealth Environmental Leadership Circle Award, 2012, 2013