From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Aegis in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
In Greek mythology, aegis is the shield used by the Greek god Zeus.
Aegis may also refer to:
- AEGIS (research network), the Africa-Europe Group for Interdisciplinary Studies, a network of African studies centres in Europe
- Aegis Trust, founded in 2000, is the leading British NGO which campaigns to prevent genocide worldwide.
- Association for the Education and Guardianship of International Students, UK
- Aegis Group, a British company that performs media research, planning and buying
- Aegis Defence Services, a British-based security services company
- AEGIS London, a Lloyd's of London syndicate
- Aegis Limited, a business process outsourcing corporation founded in the US, now currently based in India.
- AEgis Technologies, a US company headquartered in Huntsville, that provides advanced technology and expert consulting services
- Aegis (management software), a change management system used for software development
- AEGIS SecureConnect, a network authentication system popular in IEEE 802.1X networks
- AEGIS (operating system), the original Apollo Computer operating system
- AEGIS (Ragnarok Online), the software used to run the official servers for the Ragnarok Online computer game
- Aegis (window manager), a window manager for the X Window System
- Aegis is one of the databinding standards supported by Apache CXF web service framework
Comics and animation
- Aegis (comics), a superhero who first appeared in Marvel Comics' New Warriors series
- Aegis (Lady of All Sorrows), a female cosmic being in the Marvel universe who appears in The Fantastic Four and The Silver Surfer among other titles
- GAT-X303 Aegis Gundam, a prominent Gundam mecha in the Mobile Suit Gundam SEED series
- A.E.G.I.S., a fictional organisation in the anime Gate Keepers that combats threats from an invading species
- The DC character Steel (John Henry Irons) wore the Entropy Aegis armor during the Our Worlds at War miniseries
- Aégis, an album by the Norwegian band Theatre of Tragedy
- Aegis, a pop music group from the Philippines
- The Aegis, a weekly newspaper based in Harford County, Maryland
- The Aegis, the annual yearbook for Dartmouth College
- Aegis, the school paper of the Praedinius Gymnasium in Groningen.
- Aegis Wing, a shooter game that can be downloaded from the Xbox Live Arcade store
- AEGIS: Guardian of the Fleet, a 1994 DOS game simulating the command of a US Navy Ticonderoga class cruiser
- Aegis/Aigis, an android in the role-playing game Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
- The shield wielded by Gallantmon in the Digimon series
- GAT-X303 Aegis, piloted by Athrun Zala in the fictional game Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
- Aegis of the Immortal, a shield wielded by Roshan the Immortal in Defense of the Ancients and Dota 2
- Aegis of the Legion, an equippable item in the computer game League of Legends
- In Star Trek Online, Aegis is a craftable set item group granting adaptive shielding and a thoron distortion field along with high shield capacity, auxiliary boosting, and higher speed
- Aegis Cruiser, an anti-air warship in Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2
- Aegis VII is the planet that Isaac Clarke visits in Dead Space
- Vanessa Z. Schneider, the main character of P.N.03 wears and uses the Aegis suit to fight her robotic enemies
- In the fantasy game Dragonfable, Aegis is a powerful ice spirit NPC that can be added to the party if the player is playing a Soulweaver-class character.
- In Elders Scrolls IV Oblivion Aegis is a power full shield that grants the user complete magicle immunity.
- In Borderlands 2, an aegis is an elemental pistol made by the arms manufacturer, Maliwan.
- AEGIS, En el VideoJuego de Microsoft Games "Age of Empires II" Se Utiliza "AEGIS" (Presionando Intro) como un Comando de Acción Rapida y así poder Construir objetos Ultra Rápido(en solo segundos).
- Aegis, the shield of Thalia Grace in Rick Riordan's 2007 novel The Titan's Curse
- AIDS Education Global Information System (AEGIS), a database of AIDS information
- Aegis Combat System, a missile guidance & combat system that was originally used by the United States Navy
- Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense System, an American-made missile defense system based on Aegis Combat System
- Kimber Aegis, a model 1911 handgun made by the Kimber Manufacturing company
- LG Aegis, a mobile phone from LG Electronics
- AEGIS (Freedom City), a fictional government organisation in the role-playing game Mutants & Masterminds
- AEGIS, a fictional government organisation in the role-playing game Conspiracy X that monitors extraterrestrial and supernatural activity
- AEGIS (astronomy), the All-Wavelength Extended Groth Strip International Survey
- AEGIS (particle physics), the Antimatter Experiment: Gravity, Interferometry, Spectroscopy
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.