Aergo Capital Limited is an aircraft operating, maintenance and leasing company based in Dublin, Ireland. The company was founded in 1999 by Denis O'Brien and Fred Browne. In addition to the Dublin head office, the company has offices in Chicago, Johannesburg, Nairobi and Santiago.
Aergo is ranked among the 20 largest aircraft-leasing firms in the world. Its fleet consists of more than 40 aircraft leased to more than 14 clients. Aircraft types in the fleet include Boeing 737s, McDonnel Douglas MD-83s and Avro RJ85s.
Aergo acquired the South African aircraft leasing and operating company Safair in December 2008 then sold it to ASL Aviation in November 2010 and subsequently opened an office in Johannesburg. The company nevertheless reported a 69% drop in pre-tax profits in 2010 in spite of selling Safair for $20 million more than what they paid for it. They ascribed the drop to foreign exchange losses due to much of their debt being in South African Rand.
- "Stock snapshot: Aergo Capital Limited". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 25 March 2011.
- "About us". Aergo Group. Retrieved 25 March 2011.
- "Aergo opens in Joburg to grow African leasing operations". BusinessDay. Retrieved 9 April 2011.
- "Aergo - Fleet". Aergo Group. Retrieved 9 April 2011.
- Hancock, Ciarán (November 20, 2010). "O'Brien's Aergo concludes sale of Safair". The Irish Times. Retrieved 25 March 2011.
- "Aircraft Lessor Aergo Opens Office in Johannesburg, South Africa". World Leasing News. February 11, 2011. Retrieved 25 March 2011.
- Deegan, Gordon (December 2, 2010). "Drop in pre-tax profits at Aergo". The Irish Times. Retrieved 25 March 2011.
|This aeronautical company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|