Aeria Games and Entertainment
|Industry||Computer and video games
|Headquarters||Santa Clara, California, U.S.|
|Key people||Lan Hoang (CEO)|
|Website||Aeria Games & Entertainment|
Aeria Games and Entertainment (also known as Aeria Games), is an online games publisher. The corporate headquarters is based in Santa Clara, California. A European subsidiary office, Aeria Games GmbH, is located in Berlin, Germany and in the summer of 2010, another subsidiary office opened in São Paulo, Brazil. Aeria Games & Entertainment Inc. (AGE), a subsidiary of a US-based holding company, operates an Internet gaming portal for Internet Massively multiplayer online games internationally. It focuses on online games in multiple formats, client games, browser games, and mobile games. It publishes games for the North America, South America, and Europe market. Aeria Games does not develop any games directly. It licenses games from developers in other regions.
As of July 2012, after the acquisition of Ijji the community has over 40 million registered members.
As with all free-to-play games or gaming communities, the number of registered users has to be differentiated from:
- unique users, i.e. the number of persons actually registered as differentiated from the number of accounts (a same user can make several accounts, all counted as a "registered user")
- active users (users returning regularly)
- paying users (since all of Aeria's games are F2P, it's possible to play without paying a cent)
There are no public numbers for unique, active, or paying users.
Client Games published by Aeria Games
- Shaiya - Fantasy MMORPG
- WolfTeam - Sci-Fi FPS
- Grand Fantasia - Anime themed MMORPG
- Eden Eternal - Anime themed MMORPG
- Battlefield Heroes - Cartoon styled TPS
- Special Force/Soldier Front - Military FPS
- Need for Speed: World - Action Driving
- Scarlet Blade - Fantasy MMORPG
- Special Force II - Military FPS
- Aura Kingdom - Anime themed MMORPG
Games under development/Not yet released
Browser Games published via Aeria Browser
- Wartune - Browser Based MMORTS/RPG
- Golden Age - Browser Based MMORTS
- Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances - Browser Based MMORTS
- Star Supremacy - Sci-fi browser MMORTS
- Pirate Galaxy - Sci-fi browser MMORPG
- DDTank - Turn-based Action Game
- Ministry of War - History-based MMORTS
- Lord of Ages - History-based Based MMORTS
- Call of Gods - Browser Based MMORTS
- Heroes of Gaia - Browser Based MMORTS
- Lord of Ultima - Browser Based MMORTS
- Crystal Saga - Browser Based RPG
Mobile Games published via Aeria Mobile
- Tuff Tanks - Turned-Based Artillery Shooter
- Eden Eternal - Monster Arena - Fantasy RPG
- Armygeddon - Turn-Based Strategy
- Monster Paradise - Fantasy CCG RPG
- Pirate Maidens - Pirate CCG RPG
- Magimon - Fantasy CCG RPG
- Immortalis - Fantasy CCG RPG
- X-Men: Battle of the Atom - SuperHero CCG RPG
Client Games published via Aeria Ignite
- Stronghold Kingdoms - Client Based MMORTS
- Tribes: Ascend - Sci-Fi FPS
- Age of Conan: Unchained - Fantasy MMORPG
- Digimon Masters - Anime MMORPG
- Drakensang Online - Action MMORPG
- Ragnarok Online 2 - Fantasy MMORPG
Games no longer published by Aeria Games
- Twelve Sky - Martial Arts RPG
- Twelve Sky 2 - Martial Arts RPG
- Metal Assault - Platform Shooter
- Dreamlords - Strategy / Browser
- Dream Of Mirror Online - Fantasy RPG
- Dynasty Warriors Online -Action MMORPG
- Shin Megami Tensei:Imagine Online - Fantasy RPG
- Pi Story - Fantasy RPG
- Stone Age 2 - Fantasy RPG
- Dragon Sky - Fantasy RPG
- Luminary:Rise of GoonZu - Fantasy RPG
- Latale - Fantasy RPG
- Kitsu Saga - Fantasy RPG
- Kingdom Heroes - Fantasy RPG
- Project Torque - Action Driving
- Perfect World - Fantasy MMORPG (Spanish Only)
- Runes of Magic - Fantasy MMORPG (Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish)
- Last Chaos - Fantasy RPG
- Dynasty Warriors Online - Action MMORPG
- "Aeria Games Europe GmbH".
- "Aeria Games and Gamepot Merge to Create a Global Force in Multi-Platform, Free-to-Play Gaming".
- "Aeria Games Acquires ijji Games in Conjunction With Investment Funding From NHN Corporation". www.businesswire.com. 2012-01-05. Retrieved 2012-04-08.
- "Aeria Games and Gamepot Merge to Create a Global Force in Multi-Platform, Free-to-Play Gaming". www.finance.yahoo.com. 2012-12-17. Retrieved 2013-02-06.
- "Aeria Games Sells European Subsidiary to ProSiebenSat.1 Games". www.aeriagames.com. 2014-02-27. Retrieved 2014-02-27.
- Posted July 24, 2012 7:29 am (2012-07-24). "Exclusive: Aeria Takes Flight". [a]listdaily. Retrieved 2012-12-07.
- "EA and Aeria Games Team Up to Launch Battlefield Heroes on Aeria Games Network | Battlefield Heroes". Battlefieldheroes.aeriagames.com. 2011-09-21. Retrieved 2012-12-07.