Aeroport railway station (El Prat de Llobregat)
Rodalies de Catalunya commuter rail station
View of one of the station's platforms
|Address||Carrer de Salvador Hedilla
08820 El Prat de Llobregat
|Line(s)||Aeroport–El Prat de Llobregat (PK 0)|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Parking||Several airport parking garages serving Terminal T2 are located nearby.|
Aeroport ("Airport") is a Rodalies de Catalunya station serving Barcelona–El Prat Airport in Catalonia, Spain. It is located adjacent to the airport's Terminal T2, in the municipality of El Prat de Llobregat. It is served by Barcelona commuter rail line R2 Nord.
The station is located opposite of the airport's terminal 2B to which it is connected by an elevated walkway. Main Terminal 1 is about 5 km away and passengers need to use a free shuttle bus between Terminal 1 and the train station.
The station is served by Rodalies de Catalunya's Barcelona commuter rail line R2 Nord. Services run from Maçanet-Massanes or Sant Celoni stations, with major stops in Barcelona at Passeig de Gràcia (north of Plaça de Catalunya) and Barcelona's main station for long distance trains Barcelona Sants.
Throughout the day, there are two departures per hour.
With completion of Terminal 1, two underground stations (Barcelona Metro line 9) and two railway stations were intended to serve both of the airport terminals. Due to budget cutbacks and planning shortfalls, these stations have been delayed several times. The original completion date of 2008 has since been tentatively changed to some time in 2014, although no date is available at present (January 2014).
Effects on the current station are not yet known.
- "Listado de líneas y estaciones" [List of railway lines and stations] (PDF) (in Spanish). Ministry of Public Works and Transport, Government of Spain. Retrieved 27 June 2014.
- "AENA Barcelona Transport between Terminals". AENA. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "renfe Cercanias Barcelona online timetable".
- PTVC, Transport Passengers Plan of Catalonia (Catalan).
- Aeroport listing at Rodalies de Catalunya website
- Information and photos of the station at Trenscat.com (Catalan)
|This article about a railway station in Catalonia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|