Aertirrena

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Aertirrena S.p.A was a regional airline of Italy,[1] operating in the 1970s. It was one of the few Italian airlines to operate Soviet aircraft.

History[edit]

Aertirrena was founded in 1966 by the Italian employer Fiorenza di Bernardi and the Aeroflot former worker Piotr Ivanov. The airline was planned for operates services between Genoa, Rome, Milán, Athens and Firenze, but with soviet capital and investment of Aeroflot -in a 30 percent- with the remaining 70 percent in hands of di Bernardi.[2] The first flight of the airline took off in June 1970 between Genoa and Firenze in a routinary service, with a Yak-40 aircraft.[3] Then, the airline grew considerably and incorporated another 2 Yak-40 (although both aircraft operated for Olympic Airways for a time) and increased their flight frequency considerably.

Aertirrena finally consolidated as an important company and grew, with his passengers increased year by year. However, the strong pressure and competence of Alitalia in the regional routes finally forced to Aertirrena to cancel his service in 1975. In the aftermath of Aertirrena´s bankruptcy, di Bernardi and Ivanov founded to Avioligure and obtained a contract with Aeroflot for lease to Avioligure the 3 Yak-40 that formerly was leased to Aertirrena.

Destinations[edit]

National[edit]

  • Firenze
  • Genoa
  • Milán
  • Pisa

International[edit]

  • Athens

Fleet[edit]

References[edit]

External links[edit]