Lori Lewis live with Therion
|Birth name||Lori Lewis|
|Genres||Gothic metal, symphonic metal, classical, opera|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, voice teacher|
|Instruments||Vocals, piano, harpsichord, flute, organ|
|Labels||Nuclear Blast, Iron Records|
|Associated acts||Aesma Daeva, Therion|
Lori Lewis is an American opera singer and soprano currently residing in Salem, Oregon graduate in the University of Kansas, she was a vocalist and official member of the Swedish symphonic metal band Therion.
Lewis is also the former singer for Aesma Daeva, a band that toured with Therion in Canada and the USA in 2005. In October, 2007, Lewis performed with both bands on the US/Canada portion of Therion's world tour (Aesma Daeva supported Therion).
On September 11 of 2011, Christofer Johnsson, Therion's head, announced that Lewis was named permanent member of the band, becoming then the first female member to have permanent status in the history of the band.
Departure from Therion
On May 10 of 2014, the band announced that Lewis withdraws from the 2014 tour, performing a last show in Mexico City on May 31. Mexican fans did a very touching "farewell show". Lewis was replaced by Sandra Laureano as touring member, but remains as member of the band for studio recordings.
- Aesma Daeva – Dawn of the New Athens (Scarecrow, Irond Records) (2007)
- Aesma Daeva – The Thalassa Mixes (2008)
- Therion – Live Gothic (live album) (2008)
- Aesma Daeva – Here Lies One Whose Name Was Written in Water(2009)
- Therion – The Miskolc Experience (live album) (2009)
- Therion – Sitra Ahra (Nuclear Blast Records) (2010)
- Imperial Vengeance – Black Heart of Empire (2011)
- Therion – Les Fleurs du Mal (2012)
- Therion – Adulruna Rediviva and Beyond (live album) (2014)
- "Therion To Be Joined By Aesma Daeva Singer For Upcoming Tour". Blabbermouth. November 23, 2006. Retrieved 19 March 2010.
- (Spanish) Exclusive interview with Lori Lewis. Author: Jim 2.0. Date: November 8, 2010.
|This article about an American opera singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|