From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Aether, æther or ether may refer to:
|Look up aether or ether in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Metaphysics and mythology
- aether (classical element), the material supposed to fill the region of the universe above the terrestrial sphere
- Aether (mythology) was the personification of the "upper sky", space and heaven, in Greek mythology
Science and engineering
- aether theories in alchemy, natural philosophy, and early modern physics that suppose a "fifth element"
- luminiferous aether, in late nineteenth century physics considered to be the medium through which light propagates
- ether, a class of chemical compounds, or specifically:
- diethyl ether, which has the common name "ether"
- Aether (video game), a 2008 puzzle game
- Aether, a fictional planet, main setting for the 2004 video game Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
- Aether, the name of a skill used in the Fire Emblem series and Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Aether, a gatherable object in Aion
- Ether (band), Welsh rock band (1996–1999)
- Ether, US-based Australian rock group better known as Memento, disbanded 2007
- Æther Shanties (album), a 2009 album by Seattle Steampunk band Abney Park
- Aether (album),a 2001 album by Australian jazz trio The Necks
- Ether (Babble album), 1996
- Ether (Fischer-Z album), 2008
- "Ether", a song from the 1999 album Musick to Play in the Dark Vol. 2 by Coil
- "Ether," a song from the 1979 album Entertainment! by Gang of Four
- "Ether" (song), a 2001 "diss" rap song by American rapper Nas
- "Aether", a track from the 1998 album Lead and Aether by Finnish funeral doom metal band Skepticism
- "Aether", a track from the 2009 album Without Sinking by Hildur Guðnadóttir
- "Aether", a 2011 single track by Moldovan trance producer Andrew Rayel
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Aether.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.