From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up affine in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Affine may refer to:
- Affine cipher, a special case of the more general substitution cipher
- Affine combination, a certain kind of constrained linear combination
- Affine connection, a connection on the tangent bundle of a differentiable manifold
- Affine differential geometry, a geometry that studies differential invariants under the action of the special affine group
- Affine geometry, a geometry characterized by parallel lines
- Affine group, the group of all invertible affine transformations from any affine space over a field K into itself
- Affine representation, a continuous group homomorphism whose values are automorphisms of an affine space
- Affine scheme, the spectrum of prime ideals of a commutative ring
- Affine space, an abstract structure that generalises the affine-geometric properties of Euclidean space
- Affine transformation, a linear transformation that preserves the relation of parallelism between lines
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.