Afrojack in 2011
|Birth name||Nick van de Wall|
9 September 1987 |
|Genres||Dance, electro house|
|Occupation(s)||DJ, producer, remixer, rapper|
|Labels||Spinnin, Wall Recordings, Island, Def Jam|
|Associated acts||David Guetta, Pitbull, Eva Simons, Steve Aoki, The Partysquad, Ian Carey, Snoop Dogg, Ne-Yo, Sidney Samson, R3hab, Porter Robinson, Nervo, Chris Brown, Nicky Romero, Sting, Matthew Koma|
He was born and raised in the Saturno suburb of Spijkenisse, Netherlands, similar to producers Vato Gonzalez and Sied van Riel. His love for music began in his early youth, at five years old he learned to play the piano. 
Afrojack was listed as number 7 on the DJ Mag Top 100 DJ's of 2011. His 2010 entry into the poll at number 19 was the highest new entry of that year's list. He ranked at number 9 on DJ Mag's Top 100 DJ's of 2012. In 2013, he ranked at number 9 again. Afrojack's song "Take Over Control," which features Dutch singer Eva Simons, charted in 10 different countries. In July 2010, Afrojack created an Essential Mix for BBC Radio 1. He released Lost & Found December 22, 2010. In 2011, he was featured on Pitbull's number 1 hit single "Give Me Everything" along with Ne-Yo and Nayer. He also contributed to the single "Run the World (Girls)" by Beyoncé. In January 2012 Afrojack received an European Border Breakers Award. Afrojack's newest single The Spark, featuring Spree Wilson has so far hit number 3 in Australia and New Zealand, and top 10 in over 7 more countries. In 2013, Afrojack was the 7th highest-earning DJ in the world, according to Forbes magazine.
In 2011, Afrojack co-produced music with many artists including David Guetta, Mike Brown, and Madonna. In 2012, Afrojack has headlined at many of the world's largest electronic dance music festivals including Tomorrowland (Belgium), Ultra Music Festival (Miami, Florida), Coachella (Los Angeles), Electric Daisy Carnival (New York City, Las Vegas) as well as 40 other major cities in the United States.
His debut album, Forget the World, was released May 19, 2014.
In April 2014 he was linked to Anouk who was pregnant at the time. From a previous relationship to Dutch model Amanda Balk he has a daughter Vegas. He is also an avid car enthusiast, as seen from his official Facebook page. He has owned several high end sports cars such as the Ferrari 458 Italia [Crashed] and Lamborghini Aventador.
- Forget the World (2014)
- Lost & Found (2010)
- Lost & Found 2 (2011)
- It's a Matter Of... (2013)
- Harris, Christopher (7 May 2013). "Afrojack's Driver License Jacked By Police, AFROKI Still On Track". Vibe. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- Ortiz, Edwin (7 October 2013). "Listen: Paris Hilton f/ Lil Wayne "Good Time"". Complex. Retrieved 28 September 2014. "The song is produced by electro house artist Afrojack"
- Pollock, Matt. "Afrojack North Coast August 31". Chicago Innerview. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "Interview: Afrojack". The Fresh Beat. 2009-12-23. Retrieved 2014-01-27. "I use and always used for almost 10 years now Fruity Loops, started with Fruity Loops 3, and now its FL Studio 8, its been a while. I use almost only standard Fruity compressors for effects, my main synths come out of the Arturia Juno and NI Massive / Pro 53, but also Fruity's old 3xosc, for the mastering."
- nick is also from surinamese descent but was born in the netherlandsRA: Afrojack. Residentadvisor.net. Retrieved on 2011-01-06.
- Afrojack Discography at Discogs. Discogs.com. Retrieved on 2011-01-06.
- Top 100 DJs 2011 search. DJ Mag. Retrieved on 2011-01-06.
- Music Interview: DJ Afrojack. Yorkshire Evening Post. Retrieved on 2011-01-06.
- Top 100 DJs 2012 search. DJ Mag. Retrieved on 2013-01-06.
- Top 100 DJs 2013 search. DJ Mag. Retrieved on 2013-10-20.
- "Afrojack Bio, Music, News & Shows". DJZ.com. Retrieved March 6, 2013.
- Radio 1 Programmes – BBC Radio 1's Essential Mix, Afrojack. BBC (2010-07-10). Retrieved on 2011-01-06.
- IMO Records. "Afrojack Biography", IMO Records, London, Retrieved on 25 January 2012.
- "Dutch dj Afrojack wins EBBA", Sica.nl. Retrieved October 7, 2011
- "Forbes Highest Paid DJs".
- "Wall Recordings".
- Afrojack second child