Seth completed his schooling from The Doon School. He then went on to pursue B.A. (Honours) in History from St. Stephen's College, University of Delhi where he topped the university with First Class honours. He then received a Rhodes Scholarship to read History and Politics, Constitutional History at Christ Church, Oxford. He then proceeded to do a Doctorate in Law from American College of Greece.
Outline of career
- 1968 - Joined the Foreign Service
- 1970-72 - Served as Third Secretary and Second Secretary, Embassy of India, Tokyo, Private Secretary to the Ambassador
- 1979-83 - Consul General of India, Hamburg, with commercial consular;Jurisdiction over Bremen Bremerhaven Schleswig-Holstein and lower Saxony
- 1983-85 - Deputy Chief of Mission, Embassy of India, Jakarta
- 1985-88 - Consul General of India, Karachi, Pakistan
- 1988-92 - Spokesman of the Foreign Office and Joint Secretary in-charge of External Publicity, New Delhi, India
- 1992-96 - Ambassador of India, Athens, Greece
- 1997-2000 - Ambassador of India, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 2000-03 - Ambassador of India, Tokyo, Japan; also concurrently accredited as Ambassador of India to Federal States of Micronesia
- 2004-06 - Professor and Director of Global Security Research Institute, Keio University
- 2006–Present Chairman of the International Advisory Committee, Keio University ; Present Chairman & CEO, India Global Link Co., Ltd.; Chairman, Japan-India Partnership Forum; Professor of Global Security Research Institute, Keio University; Visiting Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
He is also on the Advisory Board of World Development Forum, an upcoming forum that aims to bring together citizens' groups, development organizations, businesses and governments, to a common platform to produce, evidence-based politically actionable guidance and unlock greater value, through human enterprise.
- Dr. Neeraj says: (2010-06-15). "Sun and Sands Advisors’ Chairman, Ambassador Aftab Seth with the Prime Minister H.E. Mr. Naoto Kan (File Photo) « sunandsands.com Blog". Sunandsands.com. Retrieved 2012-03-26.
- Requiem for a rainbow: a Fijian Indian story – Satendra Pratap Nandan – Google Books
- 'An Indian in Japan' by Aftab Seth; About the Author (graduated from The Doon School...) p.xii
- Aftab Seth (189-Jaipur House) 1954-1959;The Doon School Old Boys' Society Register (2011) p.143
- "Ambassador Aftab Seth | Gateway House". Gatewayhouse.in. Retrieved 2012-03-26.
- "The 3rd Japan India Intellectual Forum, Guest Speaker Profile : FUJITSU RESEARCH INSTITUTE". Jp.fujitsu.com. Retrieved 2012-03-26.
- Aftab Seth, World Development Forum
|This Indian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|