After... (visual novel)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010)|
|This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Japanese Wikipedia. (January 2010)|
Cover of the PS2 version of After...: Wasureemu Kizuna.
Pionesoft (DC, PS2)
|Designer(s)||Tony Taka (character designs)|
|Release date(s)||JPN 2003-06-27 (Win)
June 27, 2003 (Win)
|Genre(s)||Visual novel, Eroge|
After... is an adult Japanese visual novel developed by Ciel which was released on June 27, 2003 playable on the PC as a CD or a DVD.The early DVD version includes a guide book and soundtrack CD and the early CD version includes a guide book and a mouse pad. Subsequent enhanced ports to the Dreamcast and to the PlayStation 2 as After... ~Wasureemu Kizuna~ were released. Both ports feature their own exclusive characters and new scenarios not in the original PC release.
The gameplay requires little interaction from the player as most of the duration of the game is spent on simply reading the text that will appear on the screen; this text represents either dialogue between the various characters, or the inner thoughts of the protagonist. Every so often, the player will come to a "decision point" where he or she is given the chance to choose from options that are displayed on the screen, typically two to three at a time. During these times, gameplay pauses until a choice is made that furthers the plot in a specific direction, depending on which choice the player makes.
After.. was first introduced in Japan on June 27, 2003 as a CD-ROM or a DVD-ROM playable on a Microsoft Windows PC. Two consumor console versions for the Dreamcast and PlayStation 2 with adult content removed were developed by Pionesoft and released on February 26, 2004 in limited and regular edition versions. Both versions had the name After... ~Wasureemu Kizuna~ (After...～忘れえぬ絆～, lit. After... ~Unforgettable Bond~). A version playable as a DVD TV game entitled After... DVDPG was released on February 25, 2007; and a version playable as a Blu-ray TV game was released on May 21, 2010. On August 26, 2005 a version containing both the original game and its fandisc called After... -Story Edition- was released.
After... -Sweet Kiss-
A fandisc for the original game released on December 19, 2003. It contains side stories for the three main heroines along with desk accessories.
- Yūichi Takawashi (高鷲祐一 Takawashi Yūichi )
- Kanami Shiomiya (汐宮香奈美 Shiomiya Kanami )
- Nagisa Takawashi (高鷲渚 Takawashi Nagisa )
- Yōko Kishi (喜志陽子 Kishi Yōko )
- Kōtarō Takidani (滝谷紘太郎 Takidani Kōtarō )
- Keishō Abiko (我孫子慶生 Abiko Keishō )
- Miyuki Chihaya (千早美雪 Chihaya Miyuki )
- Saori Mikkaichi (三日市沙織 Mikkaichi Saori )
- Satoshi Kamuro (学文路聡 Kamuro Satoshi )
- Cypher (サイファ Saihua )
- Lou (ルー Ruu )
- (Japanese) Official page for the original version
- (Japanese) Official page for the After... ~Wasureemu Kizuna~ versions
- MS PICTURES After... THE ANIMATION page
- After... Wasurenu Kizuna at GameStats
- After... at the Visual Novel Database
- After... (visual novel) (anime) at Anime News Network's Encyclopedia