After Dark (comics)
Cover of After Dark #0, artwork by Francesco "Matt" Mattina
|Publication date||August – December 2010|
|Number of issues||3|
|Creator(s)||Antoine Fuqua & Wesley Snipes|
After Dark is a three-issue, dark science fiction limited series published by Radical Comics in a 56-page graphic novella format. The series concept and characters were created by film director/writer Antoine Fuqua (director of Training Day) and actor Wesley Snipes (star of the Blade series). The series is written by Peter Milligan (best known for Marvel Comics's X-Statix series) and illustrated by Jeff Nentrup.
The series is set in a post-apocalyptic near-future in which the Earth exists in a state of near-perpetual darkness. Civilization has largely become confined to domed cities in which the populace exists in a state of drug-addled stupor in order to while away time between birth and death.
The rulers of Solar City, the most populated of humanity's remaining bastions, enlist a Bedouin drifter, named simply Omar, to lead a team into the wilds outside of the city in search of the savior they believe may exist somewhere in the sparsely populated wilds.
- "Radical Publishing August 2010 Solicitation". Radicalpublishing.com. June 24, 2010. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- Friday 2 (June 25, 2010). "Wesley Snipes's After Dark comic out in August News – Total Sci-Fi". Totalscifionline.com. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- "After Dark". Radicalpublishing.com. Archived from the original on July 27, 2010. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- "PREVIEWS: The Comic Shop's Catalog! – After Dark #0". Previewsworld.com. Archived from the original on June 29, 2010. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- "REVIEW: After Dark". Cosmic Book News. Archived from the original on July 6, 2010. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- After Dark at the Comic Book DB