|Directed by||Michel Franco|
|Produced by||Moises Zonana|
|Starring||Tessa Ía González Norvind|
After Lucia (Spanish: Después de Lucía) is a 2012 Mexican drama film directed by Michel Franco and sponsored by Emilio Azcárraga of Televisa. The film competed in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival where it won the top prize. The film was also selected as the Mexican entry for the Best Foreign Language Oscar at the 85th Academy Awards, but it did not make the final shortlist.
The story, based on a mixture of several real cases, describes the relationship between Roberto (Hernán Mendoza) and his 17 year old daughter, Alejandra (Tessa Ía González Norvind). Roberto is depressed after his wife Lucía's death at a road accident and decide to leave Puerto Vallarta and live in Mexico City. Alejandra tries to help him, but a very difficult situation arises for her at the new school: she is a victim of bullying and hostilities by her new mates. She decides "to take her mother's place and does not say anything about her situation, so as to protect her father."
- Tessa Ía González Norvind as Alejandra
- Gonzalo Vega Sisto as José
- Tamara Yazbek Bernal as Tamara
- Hernán Mendoza as Roberto
- Paloma Cervantes as Irene
- Juan Carlos Barranco as Manuel
- Francisco Rueda as Javier
- Diego Canales
|Cannes Film Festival||Prize of Un Certain Regard||Won|
|Chicago International Film Festival||Silver Hugo Special Jury Prize||Won|
|Young Artist Award||Best Performance in an International Feature Film - Young Actress||Tessa la González||Nominated|
|Havana Film Festival||Best Director||Won|
|San Sebastián International Film Festival||Horizons Award - Special Mention||Won|
- List of submissions to the 85th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Mexican submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "Después de Lucía". semanarioguia. Retrieved 2013-01-27.
- "Después de Lucía". bizarrefashion. Retrieved 2013-01-27.
- "2012 Official Selection". Cannes. Retrieved 2012-05-20.
- "Screenrush Guide to the 2012 Festival de Cannes". Screenrush. Retrieved 2012-05-20.
- Cannes (2012-05-27). "Awards 2012". festival-cannes.fr. Cannes Film Festival. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- Young, James (20 September 2012). "'Mexico picks 'Lucia' for Oscar". Variety (Reed Business Information). Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- "Mexicano impacta en Cannes". periodicocorreo. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- "El mexicano Michel Franco premiado en Cannes por "Después de Lucía"". jornada. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- "34th Annual Young Artist Awards". YoungArtistAwards.org. Retrieved 2013-03-31.