After the Rain (Muddy Waters album)
|After The Rain|
|Studio album by Muddy Waters|
|Released||May 12, 1969|
|Genre||Blues, electric blues|
|Label||Cadet LPS 320|
|Producer||Marshall Chess, Charles Stepney & Gene Barge|
|Muddy Waters chronology|
After the Rain is the sixth studio album by Muddy Waters, a follow-up to the previous years' Electric Mud and sharing many of the musicians from that album. Unlike Electric Mud, After the Rain contained mostly his own compositions and the songs, while still distorted, are less overtly psychedelic.
On September 13, 2011, Get On Down Records digitally remastered and reissued the album on compact disc and vinyl. On November 22, 2011, After the Rain and Electric Mud were combined and reissued on a single disc by BGO Records.
|1.||"I Am the Blues"||Willie Dixon||4:36|
|2.||"Ramblin' Mind"||M. Morganfield||4:44|
|3.||"Rollin' and Tumblin'"||M. Morganfield||4:47|
|4.||"Bottom of the Sea"||M. Morganfield||5:21|
|5.||"Honey Bee"||M. Morganfield||4:14|
|6.||"Blues and Trouble"||M. Morganfield||4:20|
|7.||"Hurtin' Soul"||C. Williams||4:35|
|8.||"Screamin' and Cryin'"||M. Morganfield||4:59|
- Muddy Waters – Vocals, lead guitar tracks 3, 5, 6 & 8
- Phil Upchurch – Guitar
- Morris Jennings – Drums
- Otis Spann – Piano
- Louis Satterfield – Bass
- Pete Cosey – Guitar
- Charles Stepney – Organ
- Paul Oscher – Harmonica
- Stu Black – Engineer
- T.T. Swan – Re-mix production
- Marshall Chess – Production
- Charles Stepney – Production
- Gene Barge – Production
- "Overview for After the Rain". Allmusic. Retrieved 2010-01-08.
- Shannon, Tim (December 2006). "Muddy Waters: His most hated, misunderstood album". Perfect Sound Forever. Archived from the original on 28 February 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-18.