After the divorce
|Original title||Dopo il divorzio|
|Publisher||Roux e Viarengo|
Published in English
After the Divorce is a novel by Italian author Grazia Deledda.
This tragedy is set in Sardinia Constantino Ledda is convicted for murdering his bad uncle. Constantino is innocent, but he accepts the verdict because of her wife Giovanna. After Constantino is convicted, Giovanna has no economic means to support her family, so she divorces her husband and marries again with a wealthy but cruel landowner. Constantino is released after the real killer confesses, and he and Giovanna start a forbidden romance.
- Title: After the Divorce
- Author: Grazia Deledda
- Translated by: Susan Ashe
- Editor Northwestern University Press, 1995
- ISBN 0810112493, 9780810112490
- 174 pages
- After the Divorce at Project Gutenberg (1905 Maria Hornor Lansdale translation)
- Dopo il divorzio Original Italian text.
|This article about a 1900s novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|