Afton Township, DeKalb County, Illinois
Location in DeKalb County
DeKalb County's location in Illinois
|Established||February 18, 1856|
|• Total||35.16 sq mi (91.1 km2)|
|• Land||35.11 sq mi (90.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.06 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.17%|
|Elevation||879 ft (268 m)|
|• Density||24.5/sq mi (9.5/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60115, 60556|
|GNIS feature ID||0428573|
Afton Township is one of nineteen townships in DeKalb County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 861 and it contained 372 housing units. Afton Township was formed from portions of DeKalb Township and Clinton Township on February 18, 1856.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.16 square miles (91.1 km2), of which 35.11 square miles (90.9 km2) (or 99.86%) is land and 0.06 square miles (0.16 km2) (or 0.17%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Dekalb (partial)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains Afton Center Cemetery.
Airports and landing strips
- Jack W Watson Airport
- Walter Airport
- DeKalb Community Unit School District 428
- Hinckley-Big Rock Community Unit School District 429
- Indian Creek Community Unit District 425
- Illinois's 14th congressional district
- State House District 70
- State Senate District 35
- "Afton Township, DeKalb County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Malta Township||DeKalb Township||Cortland Township|
|Milan Township||Pierce Township|
|Shabbona Township||Clinton Township||Squaw Grove Township|