|• Total||3 km2 (1 sq mi)|
|Elevation||408 m (1,339 ft)|
|• Density||6,371.33/km2 (16,501.7/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Afzalpur Taluk borders Aland taluk of Gulbarga district to the north, Gulbarga taluk of Gulbarga district to the east, Jevargi taluk of Gulbarga district and Sindgi taluk of Bijapur district to the south, Indi Taluk of Bijapur district to the west and Akalkot Taluk of Solapur district of Maharashtra to the north-west.
As of 2001[update] India census, Afzalpur had a population of 19,114. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Afzalpur has an average literacy rate of 54%, lower than the national average of 59.5%; with 60% of the males and 40% of females literate. 15% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Places to see
- MahaShani Temple at Mashal around 28 km away from Afzalpur.Shani Mandir
- Malikarjun Temple at Chinamalli 38 km away from Afzalpur.
- Afzal Khan Mosque in Afzalpur.
- Choudeshwari Temple, 28 km away from Afzalpur.
- Afzalpur, Chinamalli, Mashal, Atanur, Ganagapur and Udachan are the historical sites in Afzalpur Taluk.
- Marjee Peer Darga at the confluence of Bhima and Amarja rivers.
- Baggyavanthi Temple situated 14 km away from Afzalpur in Gattarga village.
- Dattatreay Devastan in a village called Ganagapur, about 22km from Afzalpur & 40km from Gulbarga.
- Maheboob Subhani Darga & Shivasharani Niloor Nimbekka Temple's in a Village Niloor 40km From Afzalpur & 25km from Gulbarga
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Afzalpur
- The area of major towns in Karnataka has been mentioned in the webpage Population of Corporation/CMC/TMC/TP belonging to the Municipal Administration Department of the Government of Karnataka
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This article related to a location in Gulbarga district, Karnataka, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Maheboob Subhani Darga & Shivasharani Niloor Nimbekka devastan in Niloor 35 km From Afazalpur & 25km From Gulbarga