Aga Rangemaster Group
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2012)|
AGA Rangemaster Group plc is a leading international premium consumer brands group which manufactures and distributes kitchen appliances and interiors furnishings. The Group employs just over 2,500 people worldwide. 
Aga Rangemaster Group plc (formerly Aga Foodservice Group, LSE: AGA) is the manufacturer of the eponymous iconic cast iron cooker and oven (the AGA Cooker) headquartered in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, United Kingdom. There are additional sites in Telford, Shropshire, and is a constituent of the FTSE SmallCap Index. The North American subsidiary of AGA Rangemaster is AGA Marvel which distributes AGA Rangemaster cooking products under the AGA brand name as well as being the manufacturer of Marvel full sized refrigeration and undercounter refrigeration products such as wine cellars, beverage centers, refrigerated drawers, etc.
It also manufactures Rayburn and Rangemaster stoves, various other high quality kitchen equipment, cookware and kitchen furnishings. Other divisions commercial catering equipment: for example 70% of French bakeries own equipment manufactured by Aga.
- 1939 - Glynwed is formed : metals and engineering
- 1998 - Focus on just 2 core growth activities – PipeSystems & Consumer & Foodservice
- 1999 - Major acquisitions in the US and North America(IPEX, Victory Refrigeration
- 2000 - Group is split into Pipe Systems and Consumer and Foodservice operations.
- 2001 - Pipe Systems operations sold to Belgian Group, Etex, for £800m. Capital return made. AGA Foodservice Group becomes the new name for the Group.
- 2002 - Focus on creating a major international consumer brand-led operation. Acquisition of a stake in Grange in France provides European foothold.
- 2003 - AGA and Rangemaster post record performances. Acquisition of Northland - Marvel in the US.
- 2005 - Acquisitions of Waterford Stanley. Divertimenti and Heartland Appliances strengthens consumer offering.
- 2007 - Foodservice operations sold as Group concentrates on its strong portfolio of consumer brands. Capital return made bringing total return since 2001 to £600m.
- 2008 - AGA Rangemaster is created from the remaining consumer businesses.
- 2009 - Acquisition of Mercury and Thermastone cooker brands from Lincat Group plc for £0.4m in cash. US operations integrated under the AGA Marvel banner.
- 2011 - Redfyre Cookers and Don Heating Products businesses acquired from Gazco Ltd for £0.8m in cash.
- 2012 - In July 2012, the Group entered into a bilateral agreement with the Chinese gas burner appliance group "Vatti"
- Yahoo profile
- AGA Rayburn website
Aga Shops and Retailers
|This article about a company of the UK is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|