From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Against Celsus)
Against Celsus (Greek Κατὰ Κέλσου, Kata Kelsou; Latin Contra Celsum), is the title of a major work by the Church Father Origen of Alexandria, countering the writings of Celsus the Platonist. It was written in 248 AD.
- Herzog, Johann Jakob; Philip Schaff; Albert Hauck (December 1908). "Celsus". In Samual Macauley Jackson. The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge II. New York and London: Funk and Wagnalls Company. p. 466.
- Πρὸς τὸν ἐπιγεγραμμένον Κέλσου Ἀληθῆ λόγον Ὠριγένους τόμοι η´ (original text in Greek)
- Texts pertaining to Celsus and Origen at Early Christian Writings
- Text of Contra Celsum at New Advent
- Contra Celsum in Origenes Werke (1899), ed. by J.C. Hinrichs
- Contra Celsum libri VIII, edidit M. Marcovich, Brill, Leiden, 2001.
|This article about a book related to Christianity is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|