Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships
|Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships|
|Series||Age of Pirates series|
|Genre(s)||Role-playing video game|
Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships (Russian: Корсары: Город потерянных кораблей, literally "Corsairs: City of Abandoned Ships") is a role-playing video game developed by Akella, which was released on May 26, 2009. It is the sequel to Sea Dogs (2000), Pirates of the Caribbean (2003), and Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales (2006). Like Caribbean Tales, it does not boast either of the two former games' names, due to legal reasons.
He or she will then embark on several quests of which some are mandatory.
The game retains many of the gameplay features from the previous games, such as the ability to trade, fight, battle and board other ships, explore, and sail in real time. The latter feature is not compulsory; a player may choose to sail around using the map. There is however a new, faster fight system, and a more complex trading system.
There are three different characters the player can choose from. Each one has a separate storyline and class.
As with the previous games, there are many swords and guns within the game, each with their own attributes.
Main Attributes 
The player must develop seven main attributes in order to succeed. This is the "new PIRATES role playing system", and the first letter of each attribute comes together to spell PIRATES.
As with the previous titles, there are many real ship types from the period to choose from. A player may have more than one ship, or in some cases, none at all. The better ships will, of course, cost more money. Some ships can't be bought and must be captured at sea. Some ships are available only after completion of certain quests.
- Ship of the line
- King's Man of War
- Man of War
System requirements 
The following are the system requirements to play Age Of Pirates: City Of Abandoned Ships:
- 1.75 GHz CPU (Recommended 3.0 GHz)
- 128 MB Graphics Memory (Nvidia GeForce 6600 Recommended), (ATI Radeon X1600 Recommended)
- 8.0 GB Hard Disk Space
- Windows XP (512 MB RAM Required, Recommended 1GB), Windows Vista (1GB RAM Required, Recommended 2GB)
- Supported Video Card Chipsets:
- ATI HD 2xxx, 3xxx, 4xxx, 5xxx Series
- ATI X1900 series
- ATI X1800 series
- ATI X1600 series
- ATI X1300 series
- ATI X850 series
- ATI x800 series
- ATI x700 series
- ATI x600 series
- ATI Radeon 9800 series
- ATI Radeon 9700 series
- ATI Radeon 9600 series
- ATI Radeon 9500 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 8,9,100,200,300 Series
- NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 7600 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 7200 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series
- NVIDIA GeForce FX series
- GeForce 3 Series
Intel Extreme Series and Nvidia MX Series Graphics chipsets are not supported.
(Many people have had problems with the sound on windows 7, a way to fix this is to change "UseMM = 1" to "UseMM = 0" under "[sound]" in the engine.ini file in the folder /age of pirates 2) /Sniperkim 2012-05-02
- "Sea Dogs for PC - Technical Information, Game Information, Technical Support - Gamespot". GameSpot. Retrieved 2008-11-07.
- "Playlogic | Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships". Ageofpiratesthegame.com. Archived from the original on 27 March 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-29.
- "IGN: Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships (Age of Pirates 2)". Uk.pc.ign.com. Retrieved 2009-03-29.
- "Playlogic | Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships". Ageofpiratesthegame.com. Archived from the original on 2 April 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-29.[dead link]
- "(UK) : Age Of Pirates: City Of Abandoned Ships : PC Games - Free Delivery". Play.com. Archived from the original on 25 February 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-29.