Agency Township, Roberts County, South Dakota
|Agency Township, South Dakota|
Tiospa Zina Tribal School, located in Agency Village
|• Total||36.0 sq mi (93.2 km2)|
|• Land||35.9 sq mi (93.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||1,512 ft (461 m)|
|• Density||7.7/sq mi (3.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1268566|
Agency Township is a township in Roberts County, South Dakota, United States. The township is part of the Lake Traverse Reservation, which is home to the Sisseton Wahpeton Oyate Indian tribe. The tribe's headquarters at Agency Village are located in the township as is Sisseton Wahpeton College.
As of the 2000 Census, there were 277 people, 83 households, and 70 families residing in the township. There were 98 housing units total. The racial makeup of the city was 71.8% Native American, 26.0% White, and 2.2% from two or more races.
- U.S. Census Bureau. Census 2000, Summary File 1. GCT-PH1. Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2000 - County Subdivision and Place, "Roberts County". American FactFinder. <http://factfinder2.census.gov>. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate". South Dakota Office of Tribal Government Relations. Archived from the original on 10 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-12.
- U.S. Census Bureau. Census 2000. "Census Demographic Profiles, Agency Township" (PDF). CenStats Databases. <http://censtats.census.gov/data/>. Retrieved 2009-01-31.
|This South Dakota state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|