Agency Village, South Dakota
|Agency Village, South Dakota|
Tiospa Zina Tribal School, located in Agency Village
|Elevation||1,594 ft (486 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||2584542|
Agency Village is an unincorporated census-designated place in Roberts County, South Dakota, United States. The village is headquarters of the Sisseton Wahpeton Oyate and home to Sisseton Wahpeton College. The village hosts a number of pow-wow's, one of which is held annually just before Independence Day. This outdoor pow-wow draws a large number of tourists to the area. The community is primarily made up of members of the tribe.
Agency Village is located within Agency Township and is part of the Lake Traverse Reservation. Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office assigned ZIP code of 57262, which it shares with nearby Sisseton.
- "2010 Census Redistricting Data (Public Law 94-171) Summary File". American FactFinder. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 15 May 2012.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate". South Dakota Office of Tribal Government Relations. Archived from the original on 10 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-12.[dead link]
- Zip Code Lookup
- U.S. Census Bureau (2003). "Population and Housing Unit Counts, North Dakota" (PDF). 2000 Census of Population and Housing. Government Printing Office. Retrieved 2008-07-20.
- U.S. Census Bureau. Census 2000. "Census Demographic Profiles, Agency Township" (PDF). CenStats Databases. <http://censtats.census.gov/data/>. Retrieved 2009-01-31.
|This South Dakota state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|