Agent Orange (band)
Agent Orange in 2011. Left to right: Palm, Klein, and Giordano.
|Origin||Orange County, California, United States|
|Past members||Scott Miller
Agent Orange is an American punk rock band formed in Orange County, California in 1979. The band is one of the first to mix punk rock with surf music. They first gained attention for their song "Bloodstains," released on their debut 7" EP in 1979.
The power trio's original lineup was Mike Palm on guitar and vocals, Steve Soto on bass, and Scott Miller on drums. Soto played on the original "Bloodstains"; the Living in Darkness version of the song later appeared in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4. Soto later left the band to form The Adolescents.
With James Levesque on bass, the group recorded the Living In Darkness LP with Brian Elliot, best known for composing Madonna’s hit "Papa Don’t Preach." The record was released by Posh Boy Records in November 1981. In 1988, Brent Liles replaced James Levesque on bass. Later that year, the band recorded Living In Total Darkness, a re-recording of the original album with a few new songs. This album did not go national and very few copies exist.
In 1989, Derek O'Brien replaced Scott Miller on drums. In 1990, Agent Orange recorded Real Live Sound, the only Agent Orange recording to feature the Palm/Liles/O'Brien lineup.
Sam Bolle replaced Brent Liles in January 1992, remaining with the band until May 2003, when he left to join surf guitar legend Dick Dale's band.
- Perry Giordano
- Dave Klein
- Mike Palm
- James Levesque 1979-1988 (CD Living In Darkness, This Is The Voice)
- Scott Miller (CD Living In Darkness, This Is The Voice)
- Brent Liles (CD "Real Live Sound, "Living in Total Darkness")
- Derek O'Brien (CD "Real Live Sound")
- Tim Riley
- Sam Bolle 1991-2003 (CD Virtually Indestructible)
- Charlie Quintana (CD Virtually Indestructible)
- Steve Soto (first "Bloodstains" single)
- Steve Latanation
- Bruce Taylor
- Dusty Watson
- Scotty Lund
- Real Live Sound (1990)
- Bloodstains 7" E.P. (1979)
- Bitchin' Summer (1982)
- When You Least Expect It (1984)
- Everything Turns Grey (1982)
- Secret Agent Man (1986)
- El Dorado (1990)
- Halloween Single (2010)
- Blood Stained Hitz
What Surf II - "surf Beat '85" What Records W12-2409 1985
- Surfing to Some Fucked Up Shit (2008)
- Surf Punks (2011)
Hang 11(Mutant Surf Punks) - Anagram Records GRAM 23 1985 UK
- Live In Hamburg Germany
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Agent Orange (band).|