Agents of Chaos: Jedi Eclipse
|Cover Artist||Rick Berry|
|Era||New Jedi Order|
|Series||The New Jedi Order|
|Galactic Year||25 ABY|
|Released||1 October 2000|
|Size and Weight||6.8 x 4.2 x 1.0 inches
|Preceded by||Agents of Chaos: Hero's Trial|
|Followed by||Balance Point|
Agents of Chaos: Jedi Eclipse (also released as Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse) is the second novel in a two-part story by James Luceno. Published and released in 2000, it is the fifth installment of the New Jedi Order series set in the Star Wars galaxy.
The novel focuses around several stories that eventually intertwine in the climax. The first story focuses on Han Solo and his new friend and copilot Droma seeking the latter's displaced family throughout the war-torn galaxy. They eventually come across the planet Ruan, which is planning to destroy all of its servant droids in order to appease the Yuuzhan Vong. Han and Droma foil this plan, and one of the droids tells Han what the Vong's next target planet is.
Meanwhile, the Yuuzhan Vong have allied with the Hutt Empire for more convenient invasions. However, the Hutts are secretly double-crossing the Vong to the New Republic, and are subtly providing the latter government the former's plans. The Yuuzhan Vong know of the Hutts' betrayal and are intentionally misleading their supposed allies in order to dupe the New Republic itself as to the truth of their next target world. Two supposed targets are Corellia and Bothawui. The latter is heavily fortified in defense of an invasion while the former is set to appear nearly defenseless, but has a secret weapon at its side: Centerpoint Station. The station can only be activated through Anakin Solo's DNA since he shut Centerpoint down years earlier.
In order to counter the Yuuzhan Vong's relentless invasion of the galaxy, Ambassador Leia Organa Solo bids the Hapes Consortium to join the war against the Vong. Queen Mother Tenenial Djo and her husband Prince Isolder agree to this despite the reluctance of other influential parties within the Consortium, and they arm their military to fight the Vong.
Ultimately, the Yuuzhan Vong's next target planet isn't either Corellia or Bothawui, but the shipyards of Fondor. The Hutts openly betray the Vong as a result and fully side with the combined forces of the New Republic and Hapes Consortium. However, Cetnerpoint Station is already activated, and even though Anakin Solo refuses to use it, his ambitious first cousin, Thrackan Sal-Solo, uses it to fire right into the Fondor system. Though it decimates two-thirds of the Vong forces, it's also a tragedy for the New Republic and Hapes forces alike. Nevertheless, the Battle of Fondor is considered a victory for the New Republic, and Droma reunites with his family. But the Hapes Consortium backs out of the war and Tenenial Djo miscarries her next child due to the disturbance she felt through the Force as a result of all the lives suddenly lost thanks to Centerpoint. The surviving refugees in the aftermath of Fondor, including Droma and his family, are transported to Duro as a safe haven from the Vong... for now.
- Anakin Solo; Jedi Knight (male human)
- Beed Thane; archon of Vergill (male human)
- Borga Besadii Diori; Hutt ruler (female Hutt)
- Brand; New Republic Commodore (male human)
- Chine-kal; commander, Crèche (male Yuuzhan Vong)
- Droma; spacer (male Ryn)
- Gaph; refugee (male Ryn)
- Han Solo; captain, Millennium Falcon (male human)
- Jacen Solo; Jedi Knight (male human)
- Kyp Durron; Jedi Master (male human)
- Leia Organa Solo; New Republic ambassador (female human)
- Luke Skywalker; Jedi Master (male human)
- Malik Carr; commander (male Yuuzhan Vong)
- Melisma; refugee (female Ryn)
- Nas Choka; supreme commander (male Yuuzhan Vong)
- Nom Anor; executor (male Yuuzhan Vong)
- Prince Isolder; Royal House of Hapes (male human)
- Randa Besadii Diori (male Hutt)
- Roa; prisoner (male human)
- Sapha; prisoner (female Ryn)
- Talon Karrde; liaison (male human)
- Viqi Shesh; senator (female human)
- Wurth Skidder; Jedi Knight (male human)
- Luceno, James (2000-10-03). Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse. Del Rey Books. p. 348. ISBN 0-345-42859-5.