Aggressive (film director)
|Industry||Music videos Development|
|Headquarters||New York, USA|
Aggressive is a New York based Grammy Award-winning music video directing team of Alex Topaller and Daniel Shapiro.
Aggressive has been described by Movie Creation Mag as “having a fascination with the wonderful, in the likes of the surrealist Rafal Olbinski” and “tenacious about pushing themselves and some overclocked hardware in order to create striking videos” by Video Static.
To date, Aggressive has directed music videos for Michael Jackson, Stone Temple Pilots, Juanes, Megadeth, Bloc Party, The Click Five, Kerli, Susan Justice, Black Label Society, Hoobastank, Killswitch Engage, The Script, Alexis Jordan and Lil' Rob.
Aggressive has also directed commercials for brands such as Ford, Toyota, Bloomberg, Ralph Lauren, Anna Sui, Marc Ecko, Penfolds (RED), D&B, MTV, Subway, AT&T, Kyocera, Cablevision, Topps, Caché and more.
Both coming up from VFX backgrounds, Topaller and Shapiro take a hands-on approach in all aspects of the process, from concept development, to shoot direction, all the way through post-production.
Music Video Awards / Nominations
- 2008 Winner “Best Music Video” Latin Grammy Awards (Juanes "Me Enamora")
- 2008 Nominee "Video Of The Year" MTVLA Los Premios (Juanes "Me Enamora")
- 2008 Winner Estonian Music Awards (Kerli "Walking on Air")
- 2008 Nominee “Best Pop Video” MTV VMAs (Kerli "Walking on Air")
- Cris Cab "Loves Me Not" 
- The Script "Breakeven"
- The Click Five "Jenny"
- Killswitch Engage "The Arms of Sorrow"
- Megadeth "A Tout Le Monde"
- Lil' Rob "Summer Nights"
- Directorial Team Aggressive Shoots and Creates Effects for Bloc Party Music Vid - DesignTAXI