Aghakeeran (from Irish Achadh Chaorthainn, meaning "field of rowan trees") is a townland near Derrygonnelly, in the civil parish of Devenish, barony of Magheraboy, County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland.
The first recorded instance of the townland's name is from the Ordnance Survey map of 1609 where it is spelt Aghakerin. Another recorded form is Aghakiran from the 1659 census of Ireland, where it is stated as being in the parish of Devonish and was under the tituladoes of one Cohanagh McGuire
This townland also used be part of the Boho area (1842) and also the parish of Botha but this position has vacillated over the years. Since 1851 Aghakeeran has been in the civil parish of Devenish.
- Place Names NI - Aghakeeran
- Logainm Place Names Database - Aghakeeran (in images)
- Seamus Pender (ed.). "Census of Ireland Circa 1659 Irish Manuscripts Commission".
- Boho Heritage Organisation (2009). Edel Bannon, Louise Mclaughlin, Cecilia Flanagan, ed. Boho Heritage: A treasure trove of history and lore. Nicholson & Bass Ltd, Mallusk, Northern Ireland. p. 246. ISBN 978-0-9560607-0-9.
- "Griffiths Valuation of Ireland".
|This article related to the geography of County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|