Agnee is an Indian rock band based in Pune. The band's debut album "Agnee" was released on May 15, 2007. Since then, they have released several singles and used an Internet-based free distribution model to gather a large following in the rock music circuit in Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, and Ahmedabad. The band continues to extend its reach across India through their 'Create with Agnee' venture in collaboration with Radio Mirchi.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (March 2010)|
Agnee was formed in 2006 and soon signed by Sony BMG. Agnee is one of very few Indian rock bands to have signed a major label record deal. In the band consists of Koco, lead guitarist, Mohan, lead vocalist with strong Carnatic and Hindustani classical influences are popular among the fans.
Agnee's music showcases all of the above and the compositions in the first album vary in style accordingly. The songs move in genre from Folk rock and Pop-Rock to straight up Pop, and incorporate elements of Funk, Jazz and Carnatic music as well.
The Band will soon make its Bollywood debut with Deepak Tijori’s next project 'Rockin Love'. The band will not only compose music for the film but will also have some of the band members act in it.
- Kannan Mohan – Vocals.
- Koco – Guitars
- Hrushikesh Datar – Drums and Percussion
- Among Jamir- Bass
- Aditya Pushkarna - keyboard
- Emmanuelle De Decker - Manager
- Pradeep Ratanjankar - Music / Guitar technician
- Nitin Joshi – Sound Engineer
- Harshavardhan Pathak – Light Engineer
- Mitit Adhikari – Mix and Master
- Shellee –
- 2007 - Agnee
- 2012 - AALAAP
- 15 May 2012 (scheduled release) - Create with Agnee
- Sadho re
- Shaam tanha
- Ujale Baaz
- Raanjhan Yaar Di ( Splitsvilla Season 3 theme song)
- Aalaap's PA PARAA PAA
- Shaam Tanha
- Ujale Baaz
- Keh lene do
- Kuch Ankahee
- Splitsvilla Season 2 theme song. ( A.k.a. The Love song)
- Khanabadosh - A typical rock number from the movie London Dreams sung by Mohan.
- Splitsvilla Season 3 theme song. (A.k.a. Raanjhan Yaar Di)
- Kaise Ho Tum ( Male and female versions) - A recently released single from agnee featuring Mohan and upcoming playback singer Shilpa Rao in individual numbers.
- Jee Lay Abhi - Another single from agnee sung by Mohan and popular Viva girl Anushka Manchanda
- Naav Chadti - An excellent number in the semi-rock genre for the movie Udaan sung by Mohan, the lead singer of agnee.
- I Believe - An experiment in fusion from Season 1 of The Dewarists, a series presented in part documentary, part travelogue format. This was sung in collaboration with Parikrama and Shilpa Rao
- Sadaa - An excellent number in the classical genre based on raag Gujari Todi for the movie Shaala sung by Mohan, the lead singer of agnee. It also has a female version
- Hello Andhero - For the Hindi Dubbed Version Of Avengers The Movie
- Reveal Yourself - A soulful track for the marketing campaign of B'lue
- Cocktail - Yaariyan
- Silsila - Roadies X theme song
- Barbaadi - Sung by Mohan for the movie Aurangzeb
- Lootera -Shikayatein (Mohan Kannan, Amitabh Bhattacharya)
- Kinare -Queen (Mohan Kannan)
- Chaandaniya - 2 States  (Mohan Kannan)
- They’ve been signed on by Sony BMG.
- Their debut album 'Agnee' was launched in May.
- They have composed for Prakash Jha’s film Dil Dosti Etc.
- The vocalist Mohan, who has a classical music background, has won the prestigious Palghat Mani Iyer award and has been awarded the Best Mridangam Player Of The Year three times in a row at Chennai music season, which is a huge festival that takes place every year. Mohan has also sung the song Khanabadosh in the Bollywood movie London Dreams. He has also sung a number 'Naav Chadhti' for the (Vikramaditya Motwane-directed) Amit Trivedi-scored Udaan
- "Radio Mirchi joins hands with Agnee to launch first radio reality show". Business of Cinema. Retrieved 29 May 2010.
- The Record Music Magazine
- Thakkar, Mehul S. "Agnee lights it up for Deepak". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- MTV India - VJs, Music, Videos, Blogs, Games, Wallpapers, Interviews, Performances, Shows, Fun and more
- Movie Talkies: Music Reviews, Bollywood Soundtrack, Bollywood Song Lyrics, Top 5 Bollywood Song
- Agnee feat. Raghu Ram - Manmaani: The MTV Roadies 9 Theme Song
- 2 States (film)