Agricultural University of Tirana
|Agricultural University of Tirana|
|Universiteti Bujqësor i Tiranës (UBT)|
|Established||November 1, 1951|
The Agricultural University of Tirana (Albanian: Universiteti Bujqësor i Tiranës) is a public university located in Tirana, Albania. It offers education in agronomy, veterinary, forestry, ecology, agribusiness, and similar subjects.
AUT was created in 1951. It was first called "High Institute of Agriculture" (Albanian: Instituti i Lartë Bujqësor). It received its current name in 1991.
AUT includes the following faculties:
- Faculty of Agriculture and Environment ("Fakulteti i Bujqësisë dhe Mjedisit")
- Faculty of Economy and Agribusiness ("Fakulteti i Ekonomisë dhe Agrobiznesit")
- Faculty of Forest Sciences ("Fakulteti i Shkencave Pyjore ")
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine ("Fakulteti i Mjekësisë Veterinare ")
- Faculty of Biotechnology ("Fakulteti i Bioteknologjisë ")
- List of universities in Albania
- List of colleges and universities
- List of colleges and universities by country
|This Albanian university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|