From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Japanese film poster
|Directed by||Masahiro Makino|
|Written by||Hideo Oguni
Akira Kurosawa (uncredited)
|Music by||Ryoichi Hattori|
Eiji Tsuburaya (Special Effects)
|Running time||115 minutes|
"Ahen senso" in Japan refers to the First Opium War. The story of the film concerns this war.
- Ennosuke Ichikawa as Lin Zexu
- Setsuko Hara as Ai Lang
- Hideko Takamine as Rei Lang
- Sugisaku Aoyama as Charles Elliot
- Denmei Suzuki as George Elliot
- Desser, David (1995). "From the Opium War to the Pacific War: Japanese Propaganda Films of World War II". Film History (7): 32–48.
- Washitani, Hana. "The Opium War and the cinema wars: a Hollywood in the greater East Asian co-prosperity sphere." Inter-Asia Cultural Studies 4.1 (2003). Pp. 63-76.
|This article related to a Japanese film of the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|