26 October 1976 |
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
|Bowling style||Right-arm medium pace|
|Domestic team information|
|2004-2007||United Arab Emirates|
|First-class debut||17 September 2004 UAE v Malaysia|
|Last First-class||6 July 2007 UAE v Canada|
|List A debut||29 February 2004 UAE v Canada|
|Last List A||11 July 2005 UAE v Netherlands|
|Source: CricketArchive, 5 September 2008|
Ahmed Nadeem (born 26 October 1976) is a United Arab Emirati cricketer. A right-handed batsman and right-arm medium pace bowler, he has played for the United Arab Emirates national cricket team since 1997, including seven first-class and eight List A matches. He has represented his country in three ICC Trophy tournaments and three ACC Trophy tournaments.
Born in Abu Dhabi in 1976, Ahmed Nadeem first played for the UAE at the 1997 ICC Trophy in Kuala Lumpur, his first match being against West Africa. It would be three years before he next played for them - the 2000 ACC Trophy in the UAE. He also played in that tournament in 2002 and 2004.
In 2001, he played in the 2001 ICC Trophy in Ontario and in the Hong Kong Cricket Sixes, a tournament he also played in the following year. In 2003, he played for an Emirates Cricket Board team in four matches against Pakistan A, and made his first-class and List A debut in 2004. His first-class debut was against Malaysia in the Intercontinental Cup and his List A debut was against Canada in the ICC 6 Nations Challenge.
He played for the UAE in the 2005 ICC Trophy in Ireland, also playing three matches against England A, matches in the 2005 Intercontinental Cup against Hong Kong and Nepal and an ACC Fast Track Countries Tournament match against Hong Kong.
After being absent from the team in 2006, he played for them in 2007, playing four Intercontinental Cup matches, including two against Scotland. He also played an ACC Premier League match against Malaysia and against a Scotland XI and twice against a Canadian Invitation XI, which was his last appearance for his country to date.
In his seven first-class matches, Ahmed Nadeem has scored 143 runs at an average of 14.30 with a top score of 34 for the UAE against Hong Kong. He has taken 17 wickets at an average of 23.52 with best innings bowling figures of 5/84 for the UAE against Scotland. In List A cricket he has scored 71 runs at an average of 14.20 with a top score of 24 for the UAE against the USA and taken twelve wickets at an average of 22.33 with best innings bowling figures of 5/32 also for the UAE, against the USA.
- Ahmed Nadeem at Cricinfo
- Ahmed Nadeem at CricketArchive
- Teams played for by Ahmed Nadeem at CricketArchive
- First-class matches played by Ahmed Nadeem at CricketArchive
- List A matches played by Ahmed Nadeem at CricketArchive
- ICC Trophy matches played by Ahmed Nadeem at CricketArchive
- Other matches played by Ahmed Nadeem at CricketArchive
- First-class batting and fielding against each opponent by Ahmed Nadeem at CricketArchive
- First-class bowling against each opponent by Ahmed Nadeem at CricketArchive
- List A batting and fielding against each opponent by Ahmed Nadeem at CricketArchive
- List A bowling against each opponent for Ahmed Nadeem at CricketArchive