Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum
|This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2009)|
|Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum|
22 December 1958|
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
|Residence||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Occupation||Noor Investment Group LLC, Noor Takaful General PJSC, and Noor Takaful Family PJSC|
|Spouse(s)||Nivin El Gamal, and Mona bint Obaid bin Thani Al Maktoum|
|Children||Saeed bin Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum|
He is the son of former Ruler of Dubai Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum Al Maktoum, the brother of former Ruler of Dubai Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum and the uncle of the current Ruler of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (though he is nine years younger than him). He has a Bachelor's degree from the University of Denver.
He started in the aviation industry in 1985 when he was appointed President of the Dubai Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) – the governing body that oversaw the activities of Dubai International and Dubai Duty Free, among others. Emirates, the national carrier, was launched at the same time and he was appointed chairman.
- President Dubai Civil Aviation Authority (DCAA)
- Chairman and Chief Executive Emirates Airline and Group, including dnata
- Chairman Dubai Airports
- Emirates Foundation
- Dubai Duty Free Foundation
- Rotary Club of Dubai
- Dubai Terry Fox Run
- Rashid Therapy Centre
Honors and awards
- Commandeur de l'Ordre de la Légion d'honneur (the Legion of Honour) the highest French civilian award
- Verfassungsportugaleser, for outstanding services to the City of Hamburg
- Ernst & Young 2011 Entrepreneur of the Year Award for the UAE.
- Emirates Airline Festival of Literature Personality of the Year 2012 Award.
- "Sheikh Ahmed Replaces bin Sulayem as Dubai World Head". Bloomberg. 12 December 2010. Retrieved 18 February 2011.
- "His Highness Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum". The Emirates Group. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- Shroff, Ruchi (8 April 2013). "Making the Move to DWC's Al Maktoum International". Arabian Supply Chain. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "HH Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum accepts Emirates Airline Festival of Literature Personality of the Year 2012 Award". Emirates Airline Festival of Literature. Retrieved 3 September 2012.