|• Mayor (2008–2014)||Jean-Claude Douhait|
|• Land1||6.4 km2 (2.5 sq mi)|
|• Population2 density||200/km2 (520/sq mi)|
|INSEE/Postal code||21003 / 21700|
|Elevation||259–395 m (850–1,296 ft)
(avg. 273 m or 896 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
The inhabitants of the commune are known as Aqueduciens or Aqueduciennes
Ahuy is located on the Langres Plateau, 6 km north of Dijon. It can be accessed by road D107A from Dijon in the south passing through the commune and the village and continuing north to join the D966 just north of the commune.
The commune has an average altitude of 350m with the lowest point at the Suzon stream in the east and highest point of 395m at the intersection of the Chemin des Vaches (CR21) and the Chemin du Bois de Vantoux (CR18).
The southern part of the commune overlaps with the urban area of Dijon and the area covered by the town is quite large however the rest of the commune is mostly forest in the west and farmland in the east.
The Suzon stream passes through the length of the commune from the north, forming part of the north-eastern boundary and flowing to the southern border and south to Dijon.
List of Successive Mayors of Afa
(Not all data is known)
In 2009, the commune had 1,277 inhabitants. The evolution of the number of inhabitants is known through the population censuses conducted in the commune since 1793. From the 21st century, a census of communes with fewer than 10,000 inhabitants is held every five years, unlike larger towns that have a sample survey every year.[Note 1]
Distribution of age groups
Percentage Distribution of Age Groups in Ahuy and Côte-d'Or Department in 2009
|0 to 14 Years||20.7||15.1||18.1||16.0|
|15 to 29 Years||14.1||15.6||20.7||19.7|
|30 to 44 Years||14.4||15.3||20.0||19.0|
|45 to 59 Years||25.4||30.8||20.8||20.2|
|60 to 74 Years||19.7||16.0||13.4||14.0|
|75 to 89 Years||5.7||7.1||6.5||9.8|
- Evolution and Structure of the population of the Commune in 2009, INSEE.
- Evolution and Structure of the population of the Department in 2009, INSEE.
Protected natural sites
- French wine
- Cantons of the Côte-d'Or department
- Communes of the Côte-d'Or department
- Arrondissements of the Côte-d'Or department
- Ahuy on the National Geographic Institute website (French)
- Society of Music of Ahuy (French)
- INSEE (French)
Notes and references
- At the beginning of the 21st century, the methods of identification have been modified by law No. 2002-276 of 27 February 2002 , the so-called "law of local democracy" and in particular Title V "census operations" which allow, after a transitional period running from 2004 to 2008, the annual publication of the legal population of the different French administrative districts. For municipalities with a population greater than 10,000 inhabitants, a sample survey is conducted annually, the entire territory of these municipalities is taken into account at the end of the period of five years. The first "legal population" after 1999 under this new law came into force in 1 January 2009 and was based on the census of 2006.
- Inhabitants of Côte-d'Or (French)
- Google Maps
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ahuy.|