Aid Township, Lawrence County, Ohio
|Aid Township, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Lawrence County
|• Total||40.9 sq mi (106.0 km2)|
|• Land||40.9 sq mi (105.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||692 ft (211 m)|
|• Density||22.2/sq mi (8.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086438|
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Symmes Township - north
- Walnut Township, Gallia County - northeast corner
- Mason Township - east
- Windsor Township - southeast corner
- Lawrence Township - south
- Elizabeth Township - west
- Decatur Township - northwest
No municipalities are located in Aid Township.
Name and history
It is the only Aid Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
The majority of Aid Township's educational services are provided by the Symmes Valley Local School District (K-12), although portions of the township are educationally served by the Rock Hill Local School District (Pre-K-12).
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Lawrence County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.