|Motto||The Right Aid to the Right People at the Right Time(TM)|
The Aidmatrix Foundation, Inc., (Aidmatrix) is a U.S.-based 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization. It is a supply chain software developer for nonprofits and those involved in the supply chain of humanitarian relief (disaster relief, medical relief, and hunger relief.) It is headquartered in Dallas, TX. The President and CEO is Mark Theilken, a former executive at IBM in the U.S. and Asia-Pacific.
The Aidmatrix Foundation, Inc. began with a group of i2 Technologies’ employees who set up the i2 Foundation. Jason Rushton, an i2 employee and former captain of military logistics automation, initiated the plan of using i2’s supply chain management technology for use in disaster relief. While serving in Kosovo, he saw how difficult it was for organizations to get the items they needed most in disaster situations. Ms. Lekha Singh is the visionary behind Aidmatrix. Ms. Singh not only founded the organization but also pioneered the use of innovative technology to change the way aid is delivered both in disaster relief and in day-to-day needs. She was concerned that much needed food and medical supplies were going to the landfill while many people went hungry and without medicine. Her background with i2’s supply chain technology led her to implement these best practices in business while adding the compassion required to help with humanitarian relief. In October 2000, the i2 Foundation launched the Aidmatrix project to focus on this mission. The Aidmatrix project became a separate, self-sustaining entity called The Aidmatrix Foundation, Inc. in February 2004. From 2005 - 2014, the President and CEO of Aidmatrix was Scott McCallum, former governor of the State of Wisconsin. The current CEO is Mark Theilken.
Disaster Relief & Hunger Relief
Disaster Relief: Aidmatrix, FEMA, Accenture and UPS
In 2006, Aidmatrix received a grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to build a national Internet-based network for humanitarian aid called The Aidmatrix Network. This network creates a virtual exchange or marketplace that connects the state and local governments with donors and nonprofits. It focused on in-kind donations management, cash donations management, and volunteer management.
Aidmatrix partners with governments, donors and relief organizations worldwide to help those organizations respond quickly, and with quality aid that matches local need. They build communities and tools that help each group share information with each other more easily. The Aidmatrix Network is a disaster-relief supply chain that allows members to view donations and post specific needs, as well as access warehouse and logistics tools.
Hunger Relief: Feeding America a.k.a. America’s Second Harvest
Aidmatrix partners with Feeding America – The Nation’s Food Bank Network, to distribute food through a network of food banks and food-rescue organizations, resulting in supplying food to many hungry Americans each year, nine million of which are children. Since 2003, Aidmatrix has provided the connection for Feeding America's national donors who donate products online for redistribution to food banks across the country. Through partnerships with Feeding America, Global Foodbanking Network, FareShare, the India Foodbanking Network and other global food bank and hunger relief programs, Aidmatrix enables food to be connected with the hungry through its hunger relief solutions.
Awards and Recognitions
- Top 25 “Doers, Dreamers & Drivers” in US Technology from Government Technology Magazine to Aidmatrix CEO & President Gov. Scott McCallum
- Best Social Impact Award of PC Quest’s Best IT Implementation Awards 2011 to Aidmatrix’s Corporate Disaster Resource Network (CDRN)
- Microsoft's "Most Valuable Partner - 2011 Japan Earthquake & Tsunami" Award
- Supply Chain Distinction Award 2009 in the category Best Supply Chain Solutions Provider from the World Trade Group at the European Supply Chain and Logistics Summit 2009
- Salesforce.com 2008 Appy "Power of Us" Award
- Aidmatrix is a Valued Partner with GuideStar, and has earned the GuideStar Exchange Seal, demonstrating its commitment to transparency.
- Aidmatrix website. http://www.aidmatrix.org/aboutus/index.htm . Accessed 4/20/2010
- "http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20090924005530&newsLang=en". BusinessWire. "UPS Launches Global Initiative to Improve Disaster Response". September 24, 2009
- "http://www.uschamber.com/bclc/resources/newsletter/2007/0712_aidmatrixfeature". Business Civic Leadership Center Newsletter. "The Aidmatrix Network "Links-Up" California Wildfire Relief Efforts". December, 2007
- "http://www.fema.gov/news-release/2008/10/04/texas-partners-aidmatrix-network-manage-disaster-relief". fema.gov. "Texas Partners With Aidmatrix Network to Manage Disaster Relief". October 2008
- "http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/26493942#26493942". The Today Show. "Is FEMA Ready for Gustav". September 2008
- "http://www.integrallc.com/2011/06/10/aidmatrix-a-model-for-safeguarding-fostering-global-food-security-gains/". Integra. "Aidmatrix: A Model for Safeguarding and Fostering Global Food Security Gains". June 2011.
- "http://www.computerworld.com/softwaretopics/software/story/0,10801,105222,00.html". Computerworld. "Relief for Nonprofit Supply Chains". October 10, 2005
- "http://www.foodbanking.org/food-banking-resources/knowledge-center/keys-success/". globalfoodbankingnetwork.org. "Keys to Success".
- "http://www.aidmatrix.org/relief-programs/cs_fareshare_us_final.pdf". Case Study. "FareShare: Impacting Hunger Relief Across the United Kingdom". December 2012.
- "http://www.cargill.co.in/en/corporate-responsibility/corp-resp-india/nourishing-india/improving-food-nutrition-security/index.jsp". Cargill India. "Improving Food and Nutrition Security". 2014.
- BBB Wise Giving Alliance; The Aidmatrix Foundation meets the BBB Wise Giving Alliance's Standards for Charity Accountability
- Aidmatrix Foundation, Inc., website
- Watch a video on How Delhi FoodBank Works, Managed Services, Aidmatrix Foundation