Ain't Nothing Gonna Keep Me from You
|"Ain't Nothing Gonna Keep Me From You"|
|Single by Teri DeSario|
|from the album Pleasure Train|
|B-side||"Someone Kind of Thing"|
Criteria Studios, Miami
|Producer(s)||Barry Gibb, Albhy Galuten, Karl Richardson|
|Teri DeSario singles chronology|
"Ain't Nothing Gonna Keep Me From You" is a song written by Barry Gibb in 1977. It was recorded by Teri DeSario and was her debut single and was included on her debut album Pleasure Train (1978). It entered the US charts in 22 July 1978 reaching #77, the number-one single at that time was Andy Gibb's "Shadow Dancing" was also co-written by Barry, co-produced by Albhy Galuten and the other musicians who played on this song, they also played on "Shadow Dancing".
Her next single "The Stuff Dreams Are Made Of" was released in the same year, this song was chosen as the B-side. In 1992, Unidisc released this song as the B-side and the A-side was Alicia Bridges' "I Love the Nightlife". The song also reached #52 in the United Kingdom.
Background and recording
Co-producer Albhy Galuten heard DeSario in a club, and Gibb was involved in recording a song for her and Barry sang background vocals in a falsetto style on this song and provided lead vocal on the line: No nothing.
The musicians played on this song was also participated on Andy Gibb's album Shadow Dancing, Joey Murcia and George Terry on guitar, George Bitzer and Paul Harris on keyboards, George Perry on bass and Ron Ziegler on drums and The Boneroo Horns consisted of Peter Graves, Whit Sidener, Ken Faulk, Bill Purse, Neil Bonsanti and Stan Webb, the orchestra was arranged by Albhy Galuten, engineered by Karl Richardson, produced by Barry Gibb, Galuten and Richardson.
George Bitzer from the group Network participated on this track and horn player Bill Purse was married to Teri DeSario. It was recorded around February 1978 same month as Barry recorded "Grease" performed by Frankie Valli with Peter Frampton on guitar. The 22 July 1978 US charts when this song was charted, "Grease" was at number 6.
- Teri DeSario - lead vocals
- Barry Gibb - background vocals
- Joey Murcia - guitar
- George Terry - guitar
- George Bitzer - keyboards
- Paul Harris - keyboards
- George Perry - bass
- Ron Ziegler - drums
- Peter Graves - horns
- Whit Sidener - horns
- Ken Faulk - horns
- Bill Purse - horns
- Neil Bonsanti - horns
- Stan Webb - horns
- Albhy Galuten - orchestral arrangement
- Karl Richardson - engineer
- Daffodils released this song in 1985 their version was Hi-NRG and Italo disco and arranged by Michel Lasperance on BGM Records.
- Leslie Marie recorded this song and released in 1993 on Vision Records, on her version there was a radio mix has a duration to 4:07 and an instrumental club mix has a duration to 4:11.
- The Groove recorded and released this song in 1998.
- Brennan, Joseph. "Gibb Songs: 1977". Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- Billboard: 22 July 1978. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Teri De Sario – The Stuff Dreams Are Made Of / Ain't Nothing Gonna Keep Me From You". Discogs. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Alicia Bridges / Teri Desario – I Love The Nightlife (Disco Round) / Ain't Nothing Gonna Keep Me From You". Discogs. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- Billboard: 23 September 1978. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- Brennan, Joseph. "Gibb Songs: 1978". Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- TERI DeSARIO - Ain't Nothin' Gonna Keep Me From You (2005 version) on YouTube
- "Daffodils - Ain't Nothing Gonna Keep Me From You / El Toro Loco". Discogs. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Leslie Marie – Ain't Nothing Gonna Keep Me From You". Discogs. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- Ain't Nothing Gonna Keep Me From You (The Groove cover - 1998) on YouTube