Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love)
|"Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love"|
|Single by Van Halen|
|from the album Van Halen|
|B-side||"Feel Your Love Tonight"|
|Genre||Hard rock, heavy metal|
David Lee Roth
Alex Van Halen
Eddie Van Halen
|Van Halen singles chronology|
In popular culture
Notable cover versions
- In 1984, A shortened, chorus-free version of the song appears on the Minutemen album, "Double Nickels on the Dime".
- In 1992, Mr. Big performed a part of the song on their live album Mr. Big Live; guitarist Paul Gilbert plays the opening riff before stopping abruptly as lead singer Eric Martin yells, "Not!" and the band begins playing the Who's "Baba O'Riley".
- In 2002, on Tim Hecker's album, My Love Is Rotten to the Core the first track, "Introducing Carl Cocks" is a digitally splayed manipulation mainly based on the main guitar riff.
- In 2007, Velvet Revolver played the song when inducting Van Halen in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- In 2007, Die Hunns covered the song on their album Live Fast'.
- In 2008, The German band Jazzkantine recorded a jazz version of the song for their album Hell's Kitchen.
- In 2010, Pearl Jam covered the song for the first time at their May 15 show at the XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut.
- In 2010, Polish female singer Doda uploaded her cover on YouTube and performed it live on the New Year's Eve 2010/11 concert in Warsaw. In May 2011 she released her second studio album, 7 pokus głównych (The 7 Temptations), where dance-pop cover of "Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love" written and produced by 5th Element was included as a bonus song.
- Rappers Tone Loc and 2 Live Crew also sampled the main riff.
- Apollo 440 sampled the main riff for "Ain't Talkin' Bout Dub"
- The Drive-By Truckers often cover the song in concert.
- Billie Joe Armstrong of the punk rock band Green Day plays the opening lick at some of their shows.