Air (1971 album)
Front cover of the 1971 album "Air"
Air was an American jazz rock band. Their self-titled debut album was released in 1971 on Embryo Records (Cat. SD 733). The four core band members were Tom Coppola (Hammond organ), John Siegler (bass), Mark Rosengarden (drums), and Googie Coppola (piano, vocals). The album also featured Randy Brecker on trumpet, Michael Brecker on saxophone, Barry Rogers on trombone, David Earle Johnson on congas and timbales, Robert Kogel on guitar, Bob Rosengarden on vibes, plus Jan Hammer and Herbie Mann on percussion. Herbie Mann was also the producer.
Track listing for Air
All songs written and composed by Googie Coppola, except where noted.
|3.||"Baby, I Don't Know Where Love"||4:32|
|5.||"In Our Time"||5:10|
|6.||"Man Is Free"||4:26|
|7.||"Sister Bessie" (Klingman)||2:34|
|10.||"I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free" (Taylor and Dallas)||3:35|
The album was re-released on CD in 2008 by DBK Works (DBK 543).
- Recorded at Mediasound and Electric Lady Studios in New York City (except Track 10, recorded at Googie's house in the Bronx, New York)
- Recording and re-mix engineers: Tony Bongiovi, Fred Christie and Mark Rosengarden
- Front and back cover photos: Joel Brodsky
- Inside photo: Raeane Rubenstein
- Album design: Haig Adishian
The album cover was a gate-fold with a distinctive die-cut logo on the front flap.