|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015)|
DVD cover art
|Directed by||Robert Vince|
|Produced by||Anna McRoberts
|Written by||Anna McRoberts
by Paul Tamasy
Michael Clarke Duncan
|Music by||Brahm Wenger|
|Edited by||Kelly Herron|
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Home Entertainment|
|December 12, 2006|
Air Buddies is a 2006 straight-to-DVD comedy film. It is the sixth film in the Air Bud series and the first in the direct-to-video spin-off series Air Buddies, which follows the life of a lonely teenager and his dog who has the uncanny ability to play every sport.
This movie changes the primary focus of the series from Buddy, an adult golden retriever, to his puppies. It also radically alters the character of the series by making all of the animals speak.
Rosebud, Buddha, Budderball, Mudbud, and B-Dawg and explains their sport talents and personalities.
Selkirk Tander tries to impress Mr. Livingston's son, Bartleby Livingston by showing him a female tiger for his birthday, but Bartleby wanted an animal he can play with. He wants Air Bud (Buddy) because Buddy can play sports. Mr. Livingston offers $500,000 if Selkirk can get Buddy. Selkirk then sends his nephew Grim and assistant Denning to capture Buddy.
Sniffer explains that Buddy and Molly were taken to wine country, and refuses to help because he has lost his sense of smell.
In wine country, Selkirk is pleased that Denning and Grim captured both Buddy and Molly so he can have them breed puppies and sell them for money.The Buddies then find a snack bar and start eating. Grim opens the projector, temporarily blinding himself. Bartleby and his father come to collect the dogs but instead finds the Buddies. the barrels break the wine container. Selkirk and Mr. Livingston fall in, as the container cracks open. Washing out of the container, Sheriff Bob arrives to arrest Selkirk, Denning, and Grim. The Buddies apologize to Buddy and Molly; they understand and say they're ready for their new owners. Budderball decides to stay with Bartleby because he needs a friend.
- Slade Pearce as Noah Sullivan
- Holmes Osborne as Selkirk Tander, * Trevor Wright as Grim
- Paul Rae as Denning
- Christian Pikes as Henry
- Patrick Cranshaw as Sheriff Bob
- Tyler Guerrero as Bartleby Livingston
- Richard Karn as Patrick Sullivan
- Cynthia Stevenson as Jackie Framm
- Jane Carr as Mrs. Niggles
- Reese Schoeppe as Sasha
- Scout and Parker as Air Bud
- Abigail Breslin - Rosebud - the lone girl and only sister of the Buddies. She always wears a pink bow in her fur (usually her head) to separate herself from her brothers. She is also protective of her brothers and her favorite color is pink.
- Dominic Scott Kay - Buddha - the peaceful Buddhist of the Buddies. He loves to meditate and wears a Buddhist collar made of beads. He is named after a virtuous person, Gautama Buddha.
- Josh Flitter - Budderball - The chubbiest of the Buddies. He enjoys food and wears black ink on his face to look like a football player. In addition to this he also sports a red football shirt. When his paw is pulled, he passes unbearable gas.
- Spencer Fox - Mudbud - The dirt-loving dude of the Buddies. He wears a blue handkerchief around his neck.
- Skyler Gisondo - B-Dawg - The hip-hoppin' pup of the Buddies. He loves rap music and wears a silver chain with a 'B' as a pendant around his neck to look cool and hip.
- Tom Everett Scott - Buddy - The father of the Buddies. He's still as fun-loving and athletic as he was before the Buddies were born.
- Molly Shannon - Molly - The Buddies mother with golden locks. She loves her children and Buddy very much and will do anything to protect them. She belongs to Henry.
- Michael Clarke Duncan - The Wolf - The Wolf is a friendly inhabitant of the forest who helps the Buddies get to wine country.
- Don Knotts - Sniffer - An old Bloodhound who lost his sense of smell years ago. He later regains it after getting sprayed by a skunk. He is one of the characters in the movie who help the Buddies find their parents. This was Knotts' last role before his death in 2006.
- Wallace Shawn - Billy - a goat who the Buddies meet on the farm. He helps keep the Buddies out of Grim and Denning's clutches.
- Debra Jo Rupp - Belinda - a kind sow who the Buddies meet on the farm and speaks Pig Latin.
- B-Dawg is the pup who can play basketball, while Budderball plays football, Rosebud plays soccer, Buddha plays baseball, and Mudbud plays volleyball and watches Rally America.
- All the animals can speak in this film. This was the first time speaking animals have appeared in the Air Bud series.
Patrick Cranshaw died on December 28, 2005, but he had already finished filming all of his scenes for the movie. Don Knotts died on February 24, 2006, but he finished all his voice work on this, his final film. The movie is dedicated to them both. The next movie of the series is Snow Buddies.
- The Official Disney Air Buddies Website
- Air Buddies at the Internet Movie Database
- Air Buddies at Rotten Tomatoes
- Air Buddies DVD Review